XF 1.5 Display "Post Number X of Y" top right of each post

ProCom

This is a tricky phrase / item to search for and find. I've done all kinds of iterations and haven't found any hacks or addons. Hopefully someone can help me out?

Basically, at the top-right of every post where the post # is displayed, I'd like to have it show the post number and total number in that thread.

For example:

"3 of 29"

Seems like it would be relatively easy to add, but I have no idea how.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

There may be a better way... but maybe this will work for you:

Code:
Post #{xen:calc '{$post.position} + 1'} of {xen:calc '{$thread.reply_count} + 1'}

Placing that inside the "post" template seems to work.

Thanks @Russ

So, to clarify, I go to the "post" template, and in that, I see multiple tabs. I found "#{xen:calc '{$post.position} + 1'}" in the first "post" tab, and changed it, but it had no effect.

In the "message" tab, I also saw "#{xen:calc '{$post.position} + 1'}", and I replaced that with "Post #{xen:calc '{$post.position} + 1'} of {xen:calc '{$thread.reply_count} + 1'}" and that seems to have done the trick.

Does that sound correct?

(Thanks again for your help)

Update: So, I'm totally novice when it comes to templates, but from what I understand:

The "message" template/ tab is included in the "post" template, and changing the code in the "message" template / tab seems to do the trick on it's own.

If this is incorrect or might cause a problem (or maybe a better way) please let me know :)

Top Bottom