XF 1.4 Discussion List

albnaldo

Hello all,

Can you provide me the correct CSS code about the discussion list font type (bold and normal). Basically, I use the following code for node icons:

.node .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
background: rgb(244, 244, 244);
}

So when any of the forums is unread, the node icon turns into that color.

I want to do the same thing with discussion list titles. When they are unread, I want the titles to be bold and when they are read, I want the font to be normal. I have already made the text bold on Style Properties > Discussion List > Title (Unread) but it doesn't work. So I am trying to fix it using CSS code.

They already work like by default: bold typeface when unread and normal typeface with read.

Check the style property, though, as you may have changed it without realizing:

XenForo Discussion List Style Properties.webp

Yes I have already checked Style Properties. Which of the options is for the read threads? When I change First Row Text to normal from bold, the text is always normal, even if Title (Unread) is set to bold.

Yes I have already checked Style Properties. Which of the options is for the read threads? When I change First Row Text to normal from bold, the text is always normal, even if Title (Unread) is set to bold.

If you inspect the element of an unread thread on your forum, what do you see here?

XenForo Inspect Element.webp

I only get .discussionListItem .title a { instead of .discussionListItem .unread .title a {. Even when I see a new thread without clicking it, it shows as read.

I only get .discussionListItem .title a { instead of .discussionListItem .unread .title a

And this is a completely default style with zero customizations? If you check the Customized Components page, does it give you an error saying there's nothing customized?

Even when I see a new thread without clicking it, it shows as read.

Well, it only gives the illusion because it's still unread until you view it. If you hover over the thread and look at the URL, there should be /unread at the end, so the bold typeface isn't the only indicator.

Top Bottom