1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion Forum Permissions

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by MrDeranged, Oct 15, 2014.

1. MrDeranged

MrDeranged Well-Known Member

I'm in the process of setting up a site and had a question about resource manager permissions.

How do I set the permissions so that people cannot start new threads in the forum where discussion threads are created for resources? I've had users posting tutorials directly in the forum as opposed to through the resource manager. I don't want them to be able to do that. Resources should only be able to be posted through the resource manager.

Thanks in advance.

Just realized that I probably posted this in the wrong section, my apologies.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Revoke the post new thread permission for the Registered user group for the forums in question.
  3. MrDeranged

4. MrDeranged

Just thought of one more question. Is there a way to make the discussion forums not visible in the forum list? Basically make it so that people would have to click on the discussion tab in the resource to get to the thread?
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can optionally not show the node in the node list.

6. MrDeranged

and thank you again :)