1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discovering that a user has purchased xenForo

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by netkingZ, Nov 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netkingZ

netkingZ Active Member

Hello I wanted to know if there is any visible reference a user of this website has purchased or not the license to XenForo?
    I do not know a sign on the user's profile, an image or anything else.

Thanks you

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

No, only senior staff know who is licensed and who isn't.

The license API can be used to verify though: License Validation

3. netkingZ

netkingZ Active Member

I ask this because I created 2 add-ons and I are coming up request via email, but at the same time I noticed that on pirate sites was made the request to illegally obtain my add-on then as a further protection of my work, I required of those who interested contact me for MP here on xenForo, but I need to know if that person is or is not in possession of a license, so I ask of you is to put something that people like me iauti spread over xenForo and has a license. A division between the simple user xenForo and the user who has purchased a license, there is no privacy violated or another but just put a sign that says: "User licensed." and this is written out only when a user has purchased the license.

thanks

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This issue has come up before.

The owners of the company and this forum have decided not to implement that.

I have locked this thread as these discussions always end up in arguments and warnings being handed out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.