XF 2.1 Disable posting/commenting for everyone

Albanian

Hi,

I am having arround 5000/10000 spam posts a day, its not normal any more. Is there any function so i can disable for everyone the comment or post function. It is making my server so slow and its also generating a lot of errors..

Kind regads,

Hi,

I am having arround 5000/10000 spam posts a day, its not normal any more. Is there any function so i can disable for everyone the comment or post function. It is making my server so slow and its also generating a lot of errors..

Kind regads,

Instead of disabling posting for everyone, why not combat the bots?

What have your attempts been? Have you at least connected your forum to StopForumSpam? Do you require email verification for new members?

Yes, you must do all this, plus the other basic out-of-the-box anti-spam tactics such as Q/A relevant to your niche, registered user group need moderating then promote to a secondary group after the post/s are approved.

What have your attempts been? Have you at least connected your forum to StopForumSpam? Do you require email verification for new members?
Yes, at least connected with diffrent kind of anti-spam solutions, and also email verification.

Yes, you must do all this, plus the other basic out-of-the-box anti-spam tactics such as Q/A relevant to your niche, registered user group need moderating then promote to a secondary group after the post/s are approved.
Thanks for the advice with the diffrent kind of groups :) I just started using it and now its calm haha :)

Top Bottom