Disable Members Online Now

I'm quite sure there isn't an option to disable it. You can throw the following in EXTRA.CSS and hide it.

Code:
.sidebar .membersOnline {display: none;}

Hi Shelley, Thanks a lot for quick reply. But I am not a big fan of display:none. Google doesn't like it much and the code is still being executed. I need to remove the code from sidebar.

Hi Shelley, Thanks a lot for quick reply. But I am not a big fan of display:none. Google doesn't like it much and the code is still being executed. I need to remove the code from sidebar.

I'm quite sure then you want to be looking in the sidebar_online_users template

Code:
<!-- block: sidebar_online_users -->
<div class="section membersOnline userList">        
    <div class="secondaryContent">
        <h3><a href="{xen:link online}" title="{xen:phrase see_all_online_users}">{xen:phrase members_online_now}</a></h3>

<xen:if is="{$onlineUsers.records}">

<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
                <xen:if hascontent="true">
                <h4 class="minorHeading"><a href="{xen:link account/following}">{xen:phrase people_you_follow}:</a></h4>
                <ul class="followedOnline">
                    <xen:contentcheck>
                        <xen:foreach loop="$onlineUsers.records" value="$user">
                            <xen:if is="{$user.followed}">
                                <li title="{$user.username}" class="Tooltip"><xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" img="true" class="_plainImage" /></li>
                            </xen:if>
                        </xen:foreach>
                    </xen:contentcheck>
                </ul>
                <h4 class="minorHeading"><a href="{xen:link members}">{xen:phrase members}:</a></h4>

<ol class="listInline">
                <xen:foreach loop="$onlineUsers.records" value="$user" i="$i">
                    <xen:if is="{$i} <= {$onlineUsers.limit}">
                        <li>
                        <xen:if is="{$user.user_id}">
                            <a href="{xen:link members, $user}"
                                class="username{xen:if '!{$user.visible}', ' invisible'}{xen:if {$user.followed}, ' followed'}">{xen:helper richUserName, $user}</a><xen:if is="{$i} < {$onlineUsers.limit}">,</xen:if>
                        <xen:else />
                            {xen:phrase guest}<xen:if is="{$i} < {$onlineUsers.limit}">,</xen:if>
                        </li>
                </xen:foreach>
                <xen:if is="{$onlineUsers.recordsUnseen}">
                    <li class="moreLink">... <a href="{xen:link online}" title="{xen:phrase see_all_visitors}">{xen:phrase and_x_more, 'count={xen:number $onlineUsers.recordsUnseen}'}</a></li>
            </ol>

<div class="footnote">
            {xen:phrase online_now_x_members_y_guests_z, 'total={xen:number $onlineUsers.total}', 'members={xen:number $onlineUsers.members}', 'guests={xen:number $onlineUsers.guests}'}
        </div>
    </div>
</div>
<!-- end block: sidebar_online_users -->

Hi Shelley, Thanks for quick update. Can you tell me which file handles the whole sidebar? I will then go into it and remove the call to sidebar_online_users template. Hope that will work?

Hi Shelley, Thanks for quick update. Can you tell me which file handles the whole sidebar? I will then go into it and remove the call to sidebar_online_users template. Hope that will work?

I'm not sure. Perhaps Brogan or one of the advance devs can jump in and answer this for you. Sorry.

The ACP option doesn't allow it to be disabled completely so you would have to edit the template.

Alternatively you can try adding to EXTRA.css: .listInline { display:none; }

Any idea how to disable the db call? Because my forum has > 1000 online logged in users, and online list is not necessary on my forum, any idea how to disable the db call? :)

You can do this to save running the code.

library/XenForo/Model/Session.php

line 55

PHP:
  public function getSessionActivityQuickList(array $viewingUser, array $conditions = array(), array $forceInclude = null)
   { 

// start hack
    return;
    // end hack

$fetchOptions = array(
       'join' => self::FETCH_USER,
       'order' => 'username'
     );

It's possible to create an add-on to do the above so you won't have to edit the core code every time you upgrade.

Top Bottom