Disable IMG BBCode, but allow image attachments?

HittingSmoke

I had an incident not too long ago on vBulletin where a remote embedded image was changed on the remote server to a PHP script serving malware. We're migrating to XF soon and given the massive jump in usability for embedding images in XF 1.2 vs vB4 (it really blows), I'd like to force users to post all images as attachments instead of embedding remote images where I can control PHP execution. With the drag-n-drop and copy/paste functionality there's really no excuse not to use attachments now.

It appears from first glance that I may be able to do this with @cclaerhout 's BBCodes Button Manager addon but it doesn't go into great detail about what the BBCode permissions do in the description.

Is that addon the best way to handle this need or am I missing some stock functionality that I can use to meet this end?

In the default software, its not possible. With a very simple add-on, its quite doable to remove the IMG tag. I posted instructions not to long ago.

Well, I referenced that, but no, there were instructions on how to change it. Basically, you need to all of that up until Step 6 and insert this line in there:

PHP:
unset($this->_tags['img']);

It appears from first glance that I may be able to do this with @cclaerhout 's BBCodes Button Manager addon but it doesn't go into great detail about what the BBCode permissions do in the description.
Because there were some screenshots and the settings inside the options were I think pretty clear:
24_bbm_xenbbcodes_options_03-png.44808

Path:
Admin =>Options=> [Bb Codes & Buttons Manager] XenForo Bb Codes Control => XenForo Tags to disable

Top Bottom