Lack of interest Disable/Enable Facebook Like Feature in User settings

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

SonicRC

In Beta 2 it`s possible to disable the facebook like feature in the AdminCP. It would be great if there would be an opportunity to disable that in the user settings too, because some user like facebook and some do not (or don`t want to be tracked by facebook on websites). So the user has the choice. :)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I thought it "feeds" to the user account when they actually click on Like. If they don't use it at all, it won't feed into their accounts and their friends won't see it. Maybe I got it all wrong as I don't use facebook at all.

All clicking the Facebook Like button does is put the link on your own Facebook profile wall.

facebook_like.webp

So just because you personally have it disabled, it won't stop other users from submitting threads to Facebook.
As such I can't really see what purpose there is in disabling it per user, apart from removing the button from the template.

If you don't like or want to use Facebook, don't click the button.

But Facebook can track you even when you don`t click on the button and some user don`t like that. That`s the point.

But Facebook can track you even when you don`t click on the button and some user don`t like that. That`s the point.

Nothing against you. If users don't like tracking from Facebook, they should simply not use it. I hear people complain a lot about facebook problems like privacy, tracking, security, etc. and they still continue to use it. I don't get it.

OK but again how is that tracking me personally?

Facebook don't know what my IP address is so all they have is a bunch of anonymous data.

Ok it`s anonymous if you don`t have an facebook account. But if you have one they can track you personally.
By which time they already have your information...

Whats the point of allowing members to block Facebook; most people will never modify their profile information, or go further then account settings and a few other things. Also, if someone does have a Facebook profile, and hasn't already deleted or deactivated their account, they're likely to not care about removing it on an user basis, nor are they likely to care either way.

Im just taking this existing thread. I am in plan to migrate to XF if 1.1 is out. Many of Users don't want the Facebook Integration. So it would be a great function, if they could deactivate it in the user settings.

Top Bottom