XF 1.2 Disable custom warnings for moderators?

Joe Link

How to I disable the custom warning option for moderators, locking them into pre-defined warnings set by the admin?

Wrap the content in an administrator conditional statement:

<xen:if is="{$visitor.is_admin}">
Content
</xen:if>

I'm pretty surprised it's all or nothing as far as moderators go.
It's moderators who should be issuing warnings, not administrators.
Administrators and moderators are two entirely different roles.

It's moderators who should be issuing warnings, not administrators.
Administrators and moderators are two entirely different roles.

Of course, this varies from place to place. Plenty of forums -- either big or small -- have both administrators and moderators that moderate. :)

Moderating is done by moderators, not administrators.

Administrators may also be moderators but when they moderate they are moderators, not administrators.

Yep. The way we do it is the admin (I'm the only one) has basically full control over every aspect of the forum. Moderators have a few restrictions, such as no permission to hard delete posts, create custom warnings (now), etc.

this is really painful.
supposing one does edit out the custom field from the template, the result is that none of the predefined warnings have a selected radio, which then leaves the form in some sort of phantom state that allows the number of infractions to be 'cosmetically' altered until a radio is selected.
we really need the ability to reel in mod permissions with the warning system.
pick a warning, pick whether to give the predefined points or not, and submit. no personal messages, no arbitrary points, no custom warning types or text. please. this carte blanche moderation only creates problems.

Top Bottom