Digital Point Social Bar [Deleted]

I just changed it to use the other icons, and adjusted the CSS to reduce the space between the icons and the text

596_image.jpg

Gives a bit more text when on the mobile.

If you feel the scrolling part is more important than the social buttons when on a phone, you could just hide the buttons and adjust stuff based on the responsive layout.

If you feel the scrolling part is more important than the social buttons when on a phone, you could just hide the buttons and adjust stuff based on the responsive layout.
Code:
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveNarrowWidth)
{
.socialBar .buttons { display:none; width: 0px !important; }
.socialBar .tweets { margin-left: 0px !important; }
}

Sadly i cant use this as the caching required is increasing load times by 100x if not more..

My interest in this was the Twitter feed supporting lists instead of a single user account. The prior existing Twitter feed display (from John at Razor Themes, I don't know if the new owner is still supporting it or not) did not support lists. I'm not really interested in the social icons being displayed nor the counter. The social counter "shares" is being handled through a service hosted at digitalpoint,com and is why the social.js file is being remotely loaded (and why there is a separate DP backlink for the icons versus the Twitter feed).

For those of us who may be interested only in the Twitter feeds component and nothing to do with the social icons, and we have a branding free license, any chance we could get a version that decouples the Twitter feeds & social icons so that we utilize the Twitter feeds component only without a reliance on the remotely loaded JS file (aka: everything is local)?

Easiest thing to do if you don't want the social buttons of any sort on it is to edit the social_bar template and just remove the <div class="buttons" /> div.

Easiest thing to do if you don't want the social buttons of any sort on it is to edit the social_bar template and just remove the <div class="buttons" /> div.
Liking that!

Have also centered the text on mine now, and moved the bar to be rendered below the ad_above_top_breadcrump to bring it inside the side bar

upload_2014-6-2_18-26-48.webp

Sorry not trying to go off topic here.. But i have this installed on two forums on the same dedicated server.. Oddly adding some caching code to my config file as good as killed one site with up to 30 second load times the other much larger and more mature forum this is running on with the same cache code added to the config file seems to be running normally (with twice the amount of plugins).. Im puzzled as to what would cause this?

Any reason this wouldn't work with 1.2? Still not got around to upgrading but will soon.
XF has an old Twitter Service module that doesn't work with current Twitter API. In theory, if you dropped in the new Zend_Service_Twitter module and removed the version check from the installer, it should work... but you are on your own with that. :)

Sorry not trying to go off topic here.. But i have this installed on two forums on the same dedicated server.. Oddly adding some caching code to my config file as good as killed one site with up to 30 second load times the other much larger and more mature forum this is running on with the same cache code added to the config file seems to be running normally (with twice the amount of plugins).. Im puzzled as to what would cause this?
Not sure... caching definitely shouldn't kill your site though...

DP, what do I have to edit to change the text color in the box? the counter color and shadow.

It would just be normal CSS you can add to your site to style it differently since it's rendered directly in the page DOM.

I currently use the Core style by pixelExit, and the bar goes above the breadcrumb.

How exactly can I move it so it's below it?

7cf2e8eb08.jpg
I use core as well and just did what DP has suggested in the posts aboce regarding the page_container and it moved.

However, now I'm having a problem hopefully @digitalpoint can help with.
It seems the CSS from the addon just does not load. if I view the source of my site, and click the css, i see it in the css it is there, but if I inspect element, it does not show up. example:
I will show you an image from my site, and an image from your site. Inspecting element on a user's picture on twitter: (Also, the links and text from accounts do not show up)

Mine:
3dNdHLY.png

Yours:
ZqNDfML.png

Top Bottom