Digital Point Social Bar [Deleted]

I cannot get lists to work. Any solution?
Would need more info... like what exactly isn't working. Assuming you have Lists defined in your Twitter account, what do you get in the drop-down list under your forum settings (is it just blank, or?)

I have two twitter apps,one for twitter login and the other one for your addon, is that ok?
Doesn't matter to me *personally*, but why have a different one? All it does is grab your Twitter Lists (which you can make private/hidden from the public anyway).

But the bigger issue is that there is only one place to enter an application API secret and that's not going to be shared between 2 Twitter accounts.

Doesn't matter to me *personally*, but why have a different one? All it does is grab your Twitter Lists (which you can make private/hidden from the public anyway).

But the bigger issue is that there is only one place to enter an application API secret and that's not going to be shared between 2 Twitter accounts.

Oh it works now. Thank you Shawn!

@digitalpoint is it possible to change the location of the bar?
It works for the default style but for other style such as Flexile, it does not work well.
Can you provide a template hook location where we can add to our style to make sure it works with all style?

All it does is key on "<!-- main content area -->" in the PAGE_CONTAINER template.

So if you want to move it somewhere else within PAGE_CONTAINER, just move the "<!-- main content area -->" string.

Got it @digitalpoint
There is something wonky about the social share counts as I have many popular pages that shows up as having 0 share. One example is this page where it should have 1.2K according to the share page at the bottom.

Not seeing where you are seeing the 1.2K at the bottom... Does it not show on mobile?
I just paid for the branding removal, btw.
As for the 1.2K, it does not show on mobile as it comes from the Share block. Here goes the screenshot.
Screen Shot 2014-05-29 at 9.46.25 PM.webp

One strange thing, if I add the social bar buttons code somewhere on the page so that both that button code and the bar show at the same time, it will work correctly. If I remove the button code, the social bar will show 0 share.
Screen Shot 2014-05-29 at 9.49.50 PM.webp

Last edited:
I just paid for the branding removal, btw.
As for the 1.2K, it does not show on mobile as it comes from the Share block. Here goes the screenshot.
View attachment 74694

One strange thing, if I add the social bar buttons code somewhere on the page so that both that button code and the bar show at the same time, it will work correctly. If I remove the button code, the social bar will show 0 share.
View attachment 74695
Do you have some internal trickery going on with your routes or something at the web server level? I see what's going on... it thinks your base URL is: https://www.quantnet.com/forum/ and then with a route of mfe-programs-rankings, so it thinks the URL is https://www.quantnet.com/forum/mfe-programs-rankings/

Are you doing route replacements or anything?

Last edited:
Do you have some internal trickery going on with your routes or something at the web server level? I see what's going on... it thinks your base URL is: https://www.quantnet.com/forum/mfe-programs-rankings/ for some reason.

Are you doing route replacements or anything?
I turned on the additional bar which only contains the social button code that I got from your site.
Now you can see it works correctly.

As for the trickery thing, it's just route filter that makes /pages/mfe-programs-rankings/ into /mfe-programs-rankings/

Can you take a look again?

Yeah, the system is smart enough that when it sees the second instance of the social buttons, it only bothers making a single request for data... and the 2nd one is using the URL you are on vs. trying to calculate it, so that's why the numbers are right in that case.

If you go to your Basic Board Info under Admin -> Options, what is your Board URL set to there?

Okay, I think I see what's going on here... The short version is I totally forgot about "pages" node types (since I've never used them). Going to set up a dev setup and see if I can get a fix for it.

Okay, I think I see what's going on here... The short version is I totally forgot about "pages" node types (since I've never used them). Going to set up a dev setup and see if I can get a fix for it.
Great. Glad to help improve it.
My main motivation for using this is to display a rotating list of member testimonials similar to how the twitter list you use. It looks like it will display one last post from each member on my list.
I'm trying to see if it will work if I will set up a list with one member and posts multiple posts under that member account. Is there an option to achieve what I want to do?

Yeah, it's designed more for Twitter Lists with multiple members (taking the 1 latest tweet from each member). There isn't an option to just show a feed from a single user (which would be different than a List really).

I notice that on mobile, it's set to hide all the overflown text. As a result, you can't see much content on mobile devices because it only shows you the social buttons and the twitter account name. All the important content such as the tweet content or the link are hidden.

Is there a way to show full on mobile?

Top Bottom