XF 2.2 Difference between "make this user a moderator" and giving a user group full privileges?

BubbaLovesCheese

If I create a user group, or edit a current user group, and give them full "Yes to everything" privileges... is that any different then adding the user to the Super Moderators group via the "make this user a moderator" link?

I mean, there is 1 difference I noticed. With the Super Moderators there is now an "approval queue" link on a top toolbar.

Are there other features or differences?

Thanks.

If I create a user group, or edit a current user group, and give them full "Yes to everything" privileges... is that any different then adding the user to the Super Moderators group via the "make this user a moderator" link?
Yes.

Moderators must be explicitly promoted to moderator status.

Adding them to the moderating user group is not sufficient.

Okay, the question was:

If I gave the Moderating user group full "Yes to everything" privileges... What are the differences between that, and promoting someone to moderator status?

The only difference I noticed was an"approval queue" and "reported items" link on a top toolbar.

Is there another difference?

Last edited:
If I gave the Moderating user group full "Yes to everything" privileges... What are the differences between that, and promoting someone to moderator status?

One is a moderator, the other isn't.

In order to have access to all of the moderator tools and functionality, a user must explicitly be made a moderator. Adding a user to the Moderating user group does not make them a moderator.

Top Bottom