Did istall and import now database question

nodle

So I did the install and import process and everything worked great this morning. See post here:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/moving-away-from-ipb.16712/

Now my question is I went to delete my old IPB user and database but noticed it had no file size associated with it, which makes me worried. I did create a new user and database when xen asked for it. I would like to delete my old IPB user and database since I am happy with the upgrade and all my post seem to be there. Is it safe to delete?

db.webp

Are you quite sure your XenForo installation is using that database?

Have you checked using phpMyAdmin whether there are any tables and they are populated?

Well on the install it asked me for the mysql stuff so i created it and made a new user for xen and a database for it. I thought it needs its own since i was going to import my ipb one. I just figured when it was done that all the data that it pulled from ipb would be written to the new xen one? I checked phpMyAdmin and this is what it shows:

qq.webp

Does this mean that there is data in there? Is this what you are looking for? Sorry I am not all that great with this stuff.

Well the database tables have been created so that's a good sign.

If you have imported correctly then all of the relevant data will have been copied into the XenForo database tables.

Do you see any of the imported users and posts in your XenForo installation?
If so, then it would seem to be OK.

In case you're not aware, the Help Manual is here: http://xenforo.com/help/importing/

I can't explain though why it's showing as 0MB in cPanel.

Well the database tables have been created so that's a good sign.

If you have imported correctly then all of the relevant data will have been copied into the XenForo database tables.

Do you see any of the imported users and posts in your XenForo installation?
If so, then it would seem to be OK.

In case you're not aware, the Help Manual is here: http://xenforo.com/help/importing/

I can't explain though why it's showing as 0MB in cPanel.

Ya I show all post and users just fine. Like I said everything looks good, but ya it's strange that it shows 0MB in there. I would had deleted it if I had not seen that. Just kinda scares me. I did make a backup before I did the import of xenforo. Think I should delete the ipb user and database?

It could just be a cache issue, or possibly is updated via a cron task, but I would have expected it to update by now.

Even if you do decide to delete the IPB database and user, I would still keep a backup copy.
I have my old forum SQL dump archived on my PC.

Ya I show all post and users just fine. Like I said everything looks good, but ya it's strange that it shows 0MB in there. I would had deleted it if I had not seen that. Just kinda scares me. I did make a backup before I did the import of xenforo. Think I should delete the ipb user and database?

If you go at the db that you installed xenforo and have a look at the bottom, is the size shown there?

But if the forum is working fine then you have nothing to worry about. And as Brogan adviced above, it would be best to make first a backup of your ipb db before you delete it.

Edit: I read your previous post where the issue is solved. Glad to har that.

And welcome to xenforo btw :)

Top Bottom