• Level of Communication: Excellent
  • Friendliness: Excellent
  • Work Delivered: Excellent
  • Time scale: Excellent
  • Quality of development: Excellent
  • Flexible: YES
  • Fee: Fair and economical
Commentary:

@xfrocks was a pleasure to do business with and I would recommend him for future work in add-on development.

He help expand the current [Tinhte] XenTag add-on to include hash tags (this was a group fund project). A hash tag for those who may not know is what Twitter.com uses, for example, #Hash #Tag

Overall Score
A+ :)

Special thanks also to @Alfa1, @dwdmadmac , @Jarod , @samo , @TheBigK for participating in this group fund. Group funds only truly work when everyone participates. So thank you for being team players (y)

Last edited:
@xfrocks
http://xenforo.com/community/members/xfrocks.2880/

• Level of Communication: Excellent
  • Friendliness: Excellent
  • Work Delivered: Excellent
  • Time scale: Excellent
  • Quality of development: Excellent
  • Flexible: YES
  • Fee: Fair and economical
Commentary:

@xfrocks was a pleasure to do business with and I would recommend him for future work in add-on development.

He help expand the current [Tinhte] XenTag add-on to include hash tags (this was a group fund project). A hash tag for those who may not know is what Twitter.com uses, for example, #Hash #Tag

Overall Score
A+ :)

Special thanks also to @Alfa1, @dwdmadmac , @Jarod , @samo , @TheBigK for participating in this group fund. Group funds only truly work when everyone participates. So thank you for being team players (y)

Is it going to be released?

himym-s8e07-marshall-and-his-stamp.png

:)

Sadly this guy is not active anymore.. he barelly answers the bugreports on his forum or here.

I have no bugs with him atm (but there are some guys that are complaining on his forum), btw, I have been waiting a update that he told me he was about to do for like 4 months now.

Well, so the problem must be me. He just said on May/16 that he had a ready version with some features to be released soon and I'm still waiting.. hehe

Edit: Maybe me and some others like @dvsDave

Is the addon free? I don't know the situation personally but it's not really prudent to judge anyone on the merits of what they are releasing for free (especially considering the sheer volume he has given for free to the community between his time and the fruits of his labor) so if it is not I would reserve judgement based on that notion.

As a developer he is accomplished, competent and has a solid demeanor while dealing with the community or his clientele (however you want to look at it).

While communicating with xfrocks I found him to be friendly, helpful and sincere. I wished to extend upon functionality of widget framework and once I was able to figure out and explain to him what I needed to do with it, he broke it down and gave me a working example of the method I would need to use in order to implement it and since then I have been able to create some pretty wild widgets to fit all sorts of unique situations.

It's not just a clever name, it's the truth.

Is the addon free? I don't know the situation personally but it's not really prudent to judge anyone on the merits of what they are releasing for free (especially considering the sheer volume he has given for free to the community between his time and the fruits of his labor) so if it is not I would reserve judgement based on that notion.

As a developer he is accomplished, competent and has a solid demeanor while dealing with the community or his clientele (however you want to look at it).

While communicating with xfrocks I found him to be friendly, helpful and sincere. I wished to extend upon functionality of widget framework and once I was able to figure out and explain to him what I needed to do with it, he broke it down and gave me a working example of the method I would need to use in order to implement it and since then I have been able to create some pretty wild widgets to fit all sorts of unique situations.

It's not just a clever name, it's the truth.

The addon is paid and I sent him a custom development request, which would be paid. He answered me (may/2015) that some of the features I requested were already developed and he was about to release.

I don't see where I'm criticizing the developer accomplishment. I have bought his addons and used his custom development services because I like his ways of work.

I just said that he is not that active anymore. I don't really get why you are here saying how great are his addons. Looks like I said smth different from that.

Last edited:
The addon is paid~
This is why developers sometimes choose to not say publicly their release plans...when people do many projects or a large project, timelines and planned event dates are fluid and rarely set in stone until all aspects of things are close to release time.

He probably told you this in the event that you were willing to wait and wanted to save money on custom dev as you are probably aware is substantially more costly than public release stuff especially when the dev has the ability to take in larger jobs (which bring in high dollars) if he wanted.

I'm sure when he get's less busy he will add the features you wanted into another release if he told you he was going to release them in private (which by all accounts was a courtesy to you if anything and should have stayed private IMO).

I don't see where I'm criticizing the developer accomplishment. I have bought his addons and used his custom development services because I like his ways of work.
You said waiting on an update previously so it appeared to me that it was an update to something you have already paid for so that is all I was referring to as generally the situation you described is not something I would complain about and just to be honest as a developer it is something I would ignore unless you were willing to throw large piles of money at me to control my development window for X amount of time.

I just said that he is not that active anymore. I don't really get why you are here saying how great are his addons. Looks like I said smth different from that.
You are giving feedback for a developer who didn't deliver you custom development because he is trying to save you money with something that will be released publicly it sounds like now and I just felt the need to chime in as you did with my own opinion having actually talked development at one point or another with him and finding him.

Basically aside from considering him friendly, I consider him an asset to this community and as a member of this community, an asset to myself and even if you take away the respect of mine he has earned and compute the logic in the most greedy sense...I am protecting my community assets by trying to make the clear the situation to anyone who may not know him, no harm no foul.

It's all good.

Top Bottom