• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Developer/Modder Zone

compwhizii

Until we get our own forum let's talk in here :D

Right now I'm working on an identity service plugin, figuring it out as I go.

Is anyone else working on something?

Jaxel

Right now I'm just trying to figure out how the programming in XF even works. I normally work with flat files, and I can't figure out how any of the object oriented design in XF actually works. For instance, I just want to see how the forumhome is displayed... but I cant figure it out.

Robert

I'll be working on xenPoints.com and xenMarket.com also started on xfGallery so far mostly story boarding and now that I have license getting a feel for things.

Projects:
xenPoints (Currency Mod)
xenMarket (Item Shop / Retail Mod)
xenGallery (Image Exhibition System)

Wired

Just got my test bed up and running. Poking around, kicking the tires ... WTF WAS THAT? Damn vampire bunnies! KABWAMMO!

Looks good so far!

Deceptor

Right now I'm just trying to figure out how the programming in XF even works. I normally work with flat files, and I can't figure out how any of the object oriented design in XF actually works. For instance, I just want to see how the forumhome is displayed... but I cant figure it out.
Check out: library\XenForo\ViewPublic\
Then proceed to Forum\ and see List.php (forumhome) and View.php (forumdisplay)
The other folders/files in that directory are all the frontend display controllers from what I can see, it's early days though and I am fairly tired - apologies for any mistakes.

I am trying to figure out how to create my own page, just wanting to start off with a simple mod that allows you to specify a section to grab threads from, and then has a page which displays the latest 5 threads and their first posts.
(basically, it would display news, but I would specify the template).

I understand the Controller System, what I can't figure out is how to add my own pages.

I tried with my own class using the AddOn method, but that just results in an error.
XenForo Test - Error

The controller does not define an action called .
I even added a route prefix, and nothing! :x
I also added an entry into the xf_route_prefix table and still the same problem. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

Anyway time for bed and hopefully Kier or Mike will throw out a quick sample mod for adding your own Controllers soon.
I'd be happy even with a
PHP:
public function actionIndex()
{
 	return $this->responseMessage('Hello World!');
}