Developer access to Alpha Testing XenForo 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Steve F Could you update to first post? I very happy if I can access XF 2.0 :)

That certainly isn't any definitive list. Just a discussion about the possibilities of access, things of that nature. I'm sure there are members who are left off that would be valuable assets to the XF team for testing, just as I am sure their may be names on that first list that shouldn't be included.

Any list you see in this thread means nothing. The only time you should worry is when an official representative of XenForo posts a list, or names names.

I know this may be a little premature but... access.webp My argument is I've modified the navigation so much like I talk the hind legs off a donkey. Speaking of lists, Better finish up the shopping list. :cry:

Put these Guys in first, Most Active Authors = http://xenforo.com/community/resources/authors

If these suggestion to include developers and designers to see and test 2.0 first, I hope suggestions and voice from this group will be considered important.

I just saw this...

No way can you do that. I'm on that list, and I in no way/shape/form am capable of talking code with anyone listed on that first page. I would be as valuable to XF as wet toilet paper. Talk about lost in the sauce... hahaha. :D

*Edit

-- I do, however, demand access.

I would be as valuable to XF as wet toilet paper. Talk about lost in the sauce... hahaha. :D
I disagree with this statement. While I understand the need of third party developers to have access to bring their addons in line with whatever path XenForo code takes, the actual default XenForo 2.0 should be tested as it stands (when it exists) by people who are focused on that and not making sure their own code plays well with it. People like you, who hammer every part of the product to death, are ideal in the testing phase and I would back you as an ideal candidate in that respect any day of the week. :p

I just saw this...

No way can you do that. I'm on that list, and I in no way/shape/form am capable of talking code with anyone listed on that first page. I would be as valuable to XF as wet toilet paper. Talk about lost in the sauce... hahaha. :D

*Edit

-- I do, however, demand access.

Bullsh-it. And say that with the up most respect.

There's more to being effective in helping whether it's a closed/open alpha/beta if your not a fully fledged developer. Suggestions/ideas etc are a great way of being helpful and vital to any "I demand access" team and I've seen plenty of your ideas come to life that have helped improve the look and function of a feature on xenforo. So, like Az said, I have to disagree you would be very helpful (pending you "demand" access before hand). Asking politely is never a productive route, imo. #shoppinglist #listings #demand

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! :coffee:

Jokery aside, Seriously this is premature to be discussing Lists I just can't take this thread at all seriously.

I tend to like how XF do things already, being they release beta / RC's to all licensed holders, at which time designers and developers can begin coding any "major" changes to their mods and release them independently to their buyers / users for beta testing on development boards.

I like that XF isn't complicated in this manner. It got so hideous on VB with people letting little things slip, intentionally, within discussions, as though they're more important than everyone else who was waiting. All nonsense and a distraction IMHO... as is this thread.

It would appear that there isn't going to be much more useful discussion on this thread, so it's time to put it out of its misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom