Dev wanted for feature enrichment of the official XenForo gallery

RobinHood

It seems that @sonnb has gone AWOL and it's not looking good for the future of getting an XF2 version of XenGallery.

I want to get some quotes from developers for UI and feature improvements of the official Media Gallery.

Features that stand out to me include:

Masonry browsing of photos
So that thumbnails aren't cropped to squares and you can see the entire image in the thumbnail

A Full Featured Lightbox
Where you can browse large versions of the media, be able skip through all the photos in a collection, with a comment sidebar for ads, and so you can comment without having to scroll away from the image

And so you can watch videos and comment without having to leave the video:

That also works well on mobile

A Map
So you can browse the globe and view collections of photos by location

This isn't a comprehensive list, just a few of the big features that jump out at me.

Thanks

Last edited:
I got a few quotes in, but didn't get around to following up on them yet as I wanted to do a details analysis of XenGallery to see what the most importants parts I want porting over are and spec it out perhaps with some XF2 styled mockups and figure out if I could justify the cost of doing everything I wanted on my own, which I probably can't.

It seems that the XF devs are now receptive to carrying out improvements on the core gallery, so when I have time I will be putting together a number of seperate detailed XenForo suggestions in the suggestions forum so we can try and get traction on integrating them into the core instead.

Top Bottom