Add-on Detect proxy ip then get real ip - Paid

Are you referring to something which has a forwarded IP? Eg a load balancer?

Heres the thing.. there people making multi acounnts on my form and I know they sign up using there regular ip...thrn they use a proxy to sign up a second and they lie to me and say thats not them... I wamt to be able to click on ip in whos online and have another line that says: real ip: 111.111..1111.111 like that

If the IP isn't being forwarded then plain and simple your not getting it. In the case of a proxy where the actual internet connection does not flow directly through it a client side script which would be block able might do the trick.

However such a thing won't work with Tor and VPN users as the script would be sending the real IP of the machine, the same IP as the Tor exit node or VPN IP. If it were so easy the NSA would be pretty relaxed right now.

Has anyone released a plugin for this yet? I know vBulleitn already has one in place and CloudFlare actually suggests vB forum admins to install it.

However such a thing won't work with Tor and VPN users as the script would be sending the real IP of the machine, the same IP as the Tor exit node or VPN IP. If it were so easy the NSA would be pretty relaxed right now.

Then the NSA must be pretty relaxed now... Considering a known flaw in both Chrome and Firefox has been around for a long while that allows a users real IP address and EVEN their internet IP address being exposed even while connected to a VPN. I recommend you and others to read more about the WebRTC flaw in both browsers. In fact it wasn't until just very recently Google released an extension to stop this while you could manually disable this in Firefox.

Test your browsers here.

Hello @RAHSTYLES ,

There is no easy way to the real IP address of a machine that is using a proxy. My addon, Trust+, is able to be used for the purpose of blocking proxy servers, disposable email addresses, and users on the Tor network from registering accounts, but it cannot provide you the real IP address of users using these services. In the near future, we will be adding client-assisted validation to Trust+. This runs client side JavaScript, which in some cases, would be able to reveal the potential 'real IP' of the user.

Shiro

I thought they were different, only sharing the same Blink engine.

I mean they are different but as a developer typically you can rule out having to test browsers like this for a lot of things until they get half way down the road, decide to fork it, obliterate the code and then abort it on the side of the road.

They share blink, so they share webrtc implementations as well.

Top Bottom