Desktop vs. Mobile App

Fin3

Hello - if I buy Xenforo, can I customize it so that the end user can only view the forum via a paid mobile app, such as through tapatalk, or can the end user always access the desktop version on my site?

I don't see any reason you couldn't block the front end from being viewed. Never seen it done and hell most people don't like tapatalk due to their normal methods of monetization but if that's what you want.

A simple plugin should suffice.

So basically you charge mobile users to visit your website? It's possible, but I'm not sure why on earth you'd want to do it. You'd need custom development though.

No I don't want them on the site at all, I am wanting to sell a forum accessible on mobile app, but the forum software must reside on my website, so I am trying to block that so forum use must be from the app store. If I didn't need forum software to reside on a site I wouldn't have a site at all.

I have an advice forum that I want to sell at app store, for use on mobile devices, but I have to have forum software somewhere, which is my website and then I will choose xenforo, etc. But, if the end user can access the forum for free, there is no sense in selling it at app store.

Right, I want the build your own tapatalk or whatever to be accessible only to those who purchase my forum at the app store. I thought there was a way for the forum software to only allow the admin to log in on the website.

Top Bottom