Designer working on future of web forum needs you

maxben

Hello,

My name is Maxime Beneteau, I'm currently pursuing a Master's degree in Interaction design at L'École de Design Nantes-Atlantique in France, and will be graduating in 2017. I'm currently working on my end-of-studies project focusing on how people create, consult, search and share meaningful conversations on the Web. More precisely my project is about the future of internet of web forums.

I’m currently looking for people that would be interested in my project and to exchange with me. I'm looking for forum's owner, active members, anyone feeling related to forums that could bring me valuable informations.

Ideally, I would love to share with you design of interfaces, prototypes I'm working on and get feedbacks from you.

If this is something that may interest you, don't hesitate to contact me at : bemaxdesign@gmail.com

If you're wondering what I do as a designer, you can check my portfolio: maximebeneteau.com

Have a great a day,

Hello,

My name is Maxime Beneteau, I'm currently pursuing a Master's degree in Interaction design at L'École de Design Nantes-Atlantique in France, and will be graduating in 2017. I'm currently working on my end-of-studies project focusing on how people create, consult, search and share meaningful conversations on the Web. More precisely my project is about the future of internet of web forums.

I’m currently looking for people that would be interested in my project and to exchange with me. I'm looking for forum's owner, active members, anyone feeling related to forums that could bring me valuable informations.

Ideally, I would love to share with you design of interfaces, prototypes I'm working on and get feedbacks from you.

If this is something that may interest you, don't hesitate to contact me at : bemaxdesign@gmail.com

If you're wondering what I do as a designer, you can check my portfolio: maximebeneteau.com

Have a great a day,
How far are you with this research? I have seen it late but am really interested in your findings. Am a forum owner (4 forums actually). All on Xenforo.

I was almost starting a new thread to discuss deeply about the future of forums. It's sad that people are currently preferring social media to web forums.

What is the future of forums?
It's a bit confusing. Forum softwares, at least the leading like Xenforo and Vbulletin are updating features. This leads me to thinking that there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Since such companies look at things in the long term.

But then again, a few year's back, you could simply start a niche forum and people stream in. But now, you will struggle to get members on board. And after that, struggLe again to entice them to talk. Something that they do religiously on Facebook and twitter.

What do you see as the future of forums?

What is it that the forum software makers are not doing?

Sometimes I think the forum makers are missing a step. Forum softwares should be made to integrate immediately with phones so as to leverage on competition. It saddens me that I have to by some third party software for my members to have a forum App. My website has 80% of its members accessing via phone.

Am sure forum owners see this. It would be good to have the forum software packaged together with the android and IPhone Apps. This is the future. Unless there are some proprietary limitations barring you from doing this.

Please share your findings.

This might be of interest: https://tools.digitalpoint.com/cookie-search

In particular the historical data.

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 20.16.47.webp

I'm sure if you asked nicely, @digitalpoint might be willing to share some of that data.

Top Bottom