1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting Spam Accounts...

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Carlos, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Okay, so I've made the decision to delete spam accounts on my largest site. There was 450+ accounts banned. I went through the list of banned users and started deleting them accounts one by one, checked off the list - the list is now only at 95 banned accounts. :)

Have you ever done this? Have you ever decided to do away with banned accounts and/or spam accounts?

It feels good, a lot of weight has been lifted off... Ahhh... :barefoot:
  2. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I never understood why admins ban a spam account.
  3. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Kind-of like jail.... Don't make it easy for them to come back and do the "crime" again.

I only deleted the accounts because it's way past a year since they've "joined."
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The minimal amount of space they occupy v the possibility of the same machine re registering... I'll use the few kb.
  5. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Exactly what I thought recently. :)
  6. MikeMpls

MikeMpls Well-Known Member

Spammers are deleted, other miscreants are banned.
  7. Personally I've just banned the known IP addresses that join, I simply delete their accounts as it always saves space but if you're on a hosting plan that gives you a fair amount of resources to which you won't really hit, I'd rather keep them as a banned member so it's more clean and easier to deal with!
  8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Straight up delete em.