Deleting Borders From One Stylesheet Deletes It From Another

System0

I am not sure if this is a bug or just the way that XenForo should work.

I want to remove the top and border from my category titles on my forum home page. I can do this via the node_list.css template. Unfortunately, when I remove the border from the category title, it also removes the border from the discussion list section header (i.e. title, start date, replies etc).

So, when I remove the border from category strip in node_list.css.

.nodeList .categoryStrip
{
@property "subHeading";
font-size: 11px;
color: @primaryDarker;
background-image: url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png');
background-position: top;
padding: 5px 10px;
margin: 3px auto 0;
border-top: 1px solid @secondaryDarker;
border-bottom: 1px solid @secondaryDark;
@property "/subHeading";

@property "categoryStrip";
margin: 0;
border-radius: 30px;
min-height: 6px;
@property "/categoryStrip";
}

The border is also removed from the sectionheaders class in discussion_list.css (and vice versa).

.discussionList .sectionHeaders
{
@property "subHeading";
font-size: 11px;
color: @primaryDarker;
background-image: url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png');
background-position: top;
margin: 3px auto 0;
border-top: 1px solid @secondaryDarker;
border-bottom: 1px solid @secondaryDark;
@property "/subHeading";

}

This is a real pain as I want to remove the border from the category titles on the home page but not the discussion list, however changing one automatically changes the other, even though they are controlled by different stylesheets.

How do I resolve this?

Kevin

In the style property for "Category Strip" you need to specify border-top: none.

Also try not to edit templates directly, use the EXTRA.css template if there is no style property for it.

In the style property for "Category Strip" you need to specify border-top: none.

Also try not to edit templates directly, use the EXTRA.css template if there is no style property for it.

Thanks for replying :)

Changing it to border-top: none; is the same as just removing the border property altogether i.e. the problem remains. Whatever change I make in one stylesheet makes a change in the other.

I added .nodeList .categoryStrip {border:none;} to the extra.css file but that didn't change anything. I'm using the default xenforo skin with just a few colour changes so you will be able to see this yourself on your own forum.

There is no need to edit the template, this can be achieved by using the style properties.

Style Properties -> Forum / Node List -> Category Strip

The way it is coded by default the category strips uses the subHeading style property but to be more specific you can see in the node_list.css that @property "categoryStrip" is specified after the subHeading property for .nodeList .categoryStrip. So that will overwrite anything from the subheading property.

Using the extra.css template sometimes requires using "!important" in your class. border-top:none !important;

But as I said previously use the style property

I tested this on my install and it works as designed. If you need further help I can assist you.

Thanks again for helping me with this.

The reason I started editing the template was because it wasn't changing from the style changer (well, I didn't edit the template directly, I made a modification using the TMS). I just checked it again and the problem remains.

I can change the colour of the borders from the style editor but even if I clear the value the borders, xenforo defaults to the styling from the template. This wouldn't be a problem except when changing one template it changes the other. Perhaps I'm not explaining myself well but this definitely seems like a bug to me. I can provide you with temporary admin access and chat to you via skype or something if you want to look at that closer.

The border-top:none !important; tip you suggested works a charm though. That's exactly what I needed. :)

Top Bottom