XF 1.5 Delete user group from database

BassMan

How can I delete user group from database in phpmyadmin?

I have a problem with execution time and it won't let me delete user groups from ACP.

So I would like to keep only XF default groups and delete all others.

How can I delete user group from database in phpmyadmin?

I have a problem with execution time and it won't let me delete user groups from ACP.

So I would like to keep only XF default groups and delete all others.

Open the PhpMyAdmin and change default user group id for different and unique number and you can delete default user group for Admin panel :)

note: you must change all users groups for new groups

For the record, it's never a good idea to delete records from the database directly, as it can result in orphaned data and corruption.

Presumably your host increased some values to stop the timeout issue?

For the record, it's never a good idea to delete records from the database directly, as it can result in orphaned data and corruption.
Thank you for advice.

They will not increase execution limit because I'm on shared server. But they just killed all the processes and all is working fine now. They also said my script has somehow over.... something (not sure if I understand the word in my language too :) ) and that I need to care that won't happen again. I assume one add-on is a bit heavy for my forum. Again need to find other simplier solution.

I've also deleted many user groups as I really don't need them (just to show a specific banner to user it's pointless to use).

Top Bottom