1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Delete Threads

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Michael Brickhouse, Mar 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. I had to make a new admin login and password to get into my site , there has been a lot of spam profiles and posts, I can not delete the posts , am I missing something >banning the member and or ip does not delete posts. I do not have or my original login and password would not work . Everything is set to Super Administrator am I missing something . Thanks Mike https://www.talkgear.net/

2. Nudaii

Nudaii Well-Known Member

have you tried using spam banningthem? if their post count is too high you can change the threshhold that spam/cleaner ban checks for here

yoururl/admin.php?options/list/spam#_maxContentSpamMessages

3. sross

sross Active Member

you also need to go into spam management options, setup a 'honeypot key' and 'akismet' key. After setting that up, I've had virtually zero spam.

4. I did a couple things on your list but I remember when I built it there was more thread options when you are logged in as the admin ? Thanks Mike