Lack of interest Delete thread after X days

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Alpha1

In many instances a thread needs to be closed, a staff message posted about why the thread was breaching the rules and then deleted after members have had the time to read the message.

On a busy board like mine that mostly means that the moderator in charge will close the thread, but leave it up until he/she has time to review all closed threads in that forum.

It would be very useful to have a function to delete a thread after X days. It could work like this:
  1. The moderator selects the option 'delayed deletion'
  2. The moderator gets a screen to fill in the closing message to the readers, the thread deletion time and the thread deletion reason.
  3. The thread is closed and the closing message is visible to members.
  4. After the number of days has passed, the thread is automatically deleted.

Upvote 5
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
A feature to auto close threads in a forum after x number of days will be very useful to me. Perhaps an add-on to do this would be better as I doubt it will be built in.

A feature to auto close threads in a forum after x number of days will be very useful to me. Perhaps an add-on to do this would be better as I doubt it will be built in.
I believe I have read this suggestion once or twice. Slavik may have posted it.

I testing in my forums an add-on to do this right now and i can share in few days, i create this for my busy trade forums, the add-on close threads in selected forums based in the number of days passed from last reply.

I testing in my forums an add-on to do this right now and i can share in few days, i create this for my busy trade forums, the add-on close threads in selected forums based in the number of days passed from last reply.
This is exactly why I need it too and defines my needs perfectly. (y)

Auto-things on thread inactivity is available here: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/*******-auto-close-move-delete-thread-inactivity.1366/

As for OP's suggestion, I haven't seen any addons.

Auto-things on thread inactivity is available here: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/*******-auto-close-move-delete-thread-inactivity.1366/

As for OP's suggestion, I haven't seen any addons.
From the discussion thread it seems it does not apply to specific forums and it does not apply to threads with posts. Though movement to another forum is a useful feature.

How about adding an option to autodelete thread after x days for sell/buy ads?

Top Bottom