XF 2.1 Delete record of old warnings after a specified period of time

djbaxter

in memoriam 1947-2022
I admin a few forums that were converted from vBulletin to Xenforo.

The old warnings/infractions were imported during that process, which makes sense I suppose, but now some members have lists of infractions that are many months or even a couple of years old and all that serves to do is clutter up the warnings list. The points have long ago expired. Now I just want to delete all traces of those old infractions.

Can that be done via core XF2? Or if not by an SQL query?

Alternatively is there an add-on that would do this?

I know they can be deleted one by one via the user profile page but you can not even mass delete there. Trying to do this for a large number of members is simply not practical.

I realize there's another related problem for some members: When those vB infractions were imported, they also included points from 1-5 years ago that apparently were never properly expired by vB (or XF didn't recognize them as expired) so the points total in at least one case I've discovered so far was above the threshold and was never going to decrease. For the specific user, I edited the user database record to change warning points to zero but again this isn't a practical solution if there are very many affected.

Top Bottom