Delete own account [Deleted]

wang

wang submitted a new resource:

Delete own account - Allow users to delete their own accounts

About this add-on

This simple add-on is designed to give groups the ability to delete their own accounts based on group permissions.

Permissions
  • Delete own accounts. It can be found under the General permission set.
Once you set the permissions for groups to be able to delete their own accounts, they will see a link, Delete Account, on their visitor drop down navigation menu. The link will take them to a page where they can confirm the deletion...

Read more about this resource...

Added it manually through account_wrapper template
adding code for link/phrase

Edit: Ultimately I created a template modification for the link.

Last edited:
Seems like a simple thing I should be able to do but I can't get the backround color around the "delete account" to match the rest of drop down menu...is there a specific spot I can edit for just the backround of this new menu item?
upload_2016-5-11_11-39-41.webp

That link is added at the navigation_visitor_tab template modification. But the forum must be in dev mode for that to be edited.

What does deleting ones account do? Remove every reference to their user name/account from forums including posts threads profile posts etc? Or are posts turned to guest etc?

What does deleting ones account do? Remove every reference to their user name/account from forums including posts threads profile posts etc? Or are posts turned to guest etc?

They will appear as guest. It is the same thing when the admin deletes an uer from the admin panel. Only in this case, the users can delete their own accounts.

Seems like a simple thing I should be able to do but I can't get the backround color around the "delete account" to match the rest of drop down menu...is there a specific spot I can edit for just the backround of this new menu item?
View attachment 133999
I myself am a bit confused as to the choice of default code used in template modifications.

navigation_visitor_tab current default
Code:
$0

<xen:if is="{$visitor.permissions.general.deleteOwnAccounts}">
     <li><a class="{xen:if "{$selectedKey} == 'account/deleteaccount'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}" href="{xen:link account/delete-account}">{xen:phrase wang_delete_own_account}</a></li>
</xen:if>

Removed Class for this template as it shows in original template. This will solve background issue.
Code:
$0

<li><a href="{xen:link account/delete-account}">{xen:phrase wang_delete_own_account}</a></li>

account_wrapper
uses that class for anyone that wants to put link on sidebar of member accounts.
Code:
$0

<li><a class="{xen:if "{$selectedKey} == 'account/deleteAccount'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}"
href="{xen:link account/delete-account}">{xen:phrase wang_delete_own_account}</a></li>

The Find: portion of template modification can place the link where desired. Hope this helps. ;)

I myself am a bit confused as to the choice of default code used in template modifications.

navigation_visitor_tab current default
Code:
$0

<li><a class="{xen:if "{$selectedKey} == 'account/deleteaccount'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}" href="{xen:link account/delete-account}">{xen:phrase wang_delete_own_account}</a></li>

Removed Class for this template as it shows in original template. This will solve background issue.
Code:
$0

<li><a href="{xen:link account/delete-account}">{xen:phrase wang_delete_own_account}</a></li>

account_wrapper
uses that class for anyone that wants to put link on sidebar of member accounts.
Code:
$0

<li><a class="{xen:if "{$selectedKey} == 'account/deleteAccount'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}"
href="{xen:link account/delete-account}">{xen:phrase wang_delete_own_account}</a></li>

The Find: portion of template modification can place the link where desired. Hope this helps. ;)
perfect. Thanks!

It's make useless all plugins for troll or multi account detection. It's better to place self deleted users to custom user group and delete all private information (conversation, about, avatar and etc)

It's make useless all plugins for troll or multi account detection. It's better to place self deleted users to custom user group and delete all private information (conversation, about, avatar and etc)

I can develop those things that you mentioned if you are willing to fund their developement.

will any of there posts be deleted?
and will there posts still show there profile name or say guest?

will any of there posts be deleted?
and will there posts still show there profile name or say guest?

It does not touch post deleting at all. Al it does is what it says, it adds a permission for users to delete their account.

Top Bottom