MG 2.2 Delete missing - (permissions?)

niden.net

Greetings

This is probably something right in front of my eyes but I cannot seem to find it.

I have all permissions in the Registered group to No (for CRUD operations in the library). A secondary group is also assigned to certain users, which has all the permissions to add/edit/delete media and albums in the library. I checked one of my users and the permissions analyzer shows "Delete (yes)"

However I cannot see where the delete option is in the UI. I can only see how I can select say an album "for moderation" and in the bottom option bar, the dropdown to select an option has Change Privacy and Move Item

Any pointers are more than appreciated.

maybe there is an explicit permission if you go to /admin.php?permissions/users/ and find the username there in the list then set all permissions to NO.

You have to set the permissions to Never if you don't want those permissions to be overridden if users are in multiple usergroups, two or more.

For Delete:
Registered -> No
Group 2 -> yes

Permissions analyzer says that the permission for Delete is yes. I cannot see the UI option to delete either the Album or any media. That is the issue here. I checked a couple of users for group 2 and they all had their user permissions set to No (orange) which means no specific permissions for said users.

I am not sure what else to do :/

You have to set the permissions to Never if you don't want those permissions to be overridden
He wants to override the default no permission, so the use of never in this case is wrong.

It should be no for the registered user group, and yes for the promoted user group.

@niden.net I have also just responded to your ticket regarding this.

Reactions: KSA
To follow up, the issue was due to the Time limit on editing/deleting own media items (minutes) and Time limit on editing/deleting own albums (minutes) values not being set to a value greater than the duration the media had been created for.

Top Bottom