1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Delete Install folder?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Hectic, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Hectic

Hectic New Member

Hello,

Just wondering after installation if I should delete the Install folder I know on some other forum software they tell you to remove it to prevent people reinstall your forum.

Cheers

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Hectic

Hectic New Member

Thanks for the quick reply, Appreciate it.

4. @Brogan Sorry to bump up an old thread, but its the only thread I could find similar to my problem. When running the File Health Check it shows files missing from my "install" dir. And upon looking at server files via FTP I see that there is no "install" dir present what-so-ever....

Will uploading the install dir at this point cause issues?

Attached Files:

5. Brogan

You can just upload it.

tHa_r3v0lution likes this.
  6. Ok. thanks for the quick reply. Just edited post to include pic, just in case.. But guess it doesn't matter!

7. JackieChun

JackieChun Active Member

I don't like that the visiting the /forum/install URL shows my forum's version to guests or even forum members. That gives you additional exposure to vulnerabilities if your forum is not upgraded.

8. Brogan

9. JackieChun

JackieChun Active Member

I can, but most people won't. XenForo be safer if this was enabled for everybody by default.

10. Brogan

It's a server level configuration, not really something which can be done programmatically.