1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Delete a user?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by SEOmers, Nov 26, 2014.

1. SEOmers

SEOmers Active Member

I managed to delete a user but he opened a new one. I can't remember how to delete him and his posts?

2. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

To just delete the user, go into their page in the admin area and click the delete button.

However, you're looking for the spam cleaner - click the spam link on one of their posts, or on their profile/avatar (member card).

Liam

3. SEOmers

SEOmers Active Member

Thats the thing with this user. I can't see it?

4. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

You really should look at each post to see if there are any replies to his post, that way you can delete replies from other members as well.

You can use this add-on to delete posts by a member which has already been deleted.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/delete-posts.3102/

5. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

He already deleted the member and their posts, but the user re-registered.

@SEOmers check the spam cleaner options in the admin panel. They may have too many posts as defined.

Liam

SEOmers likes this.
  6. SEOmers

SEOmers Active Member

Some members I see the spam option, some not?

7. SEOmers

SEOmers Active Member

*and spam clearer is the spam management?

8. SEOmers

SEOmers Active Member

Right - I have no option for spam cleaner/link in thread on barely any members at all! I've checked permissions etc and nothing stands out

Can someone help me out? he made 200+ posts, I need them gone and don't want to do one by one

9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Change the spam cleaner criteria.