1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delayed SQL processes - New vB 3.7 import

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by Wild Onion, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Wild Onion

Wild Onion Member

I'm still working out the kinks in my VB import. My board has about 100k threads and about 2.2 million posts. Database is 3859 MB.

Site is fast, then every minute or two, I get a bunch of delayed or locked SQL processes. I've disabled all add-ons. Below are my settings. Any glaring problems?

2. Wild Onion

Wild Onion Member

I also am sometimes getting this error

3. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

You should really enable InnoDB and convert the relevant tables in the database, as XenForo was designed to work with InnoDB.

4. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

And with that, you are hitting the 60 limit you have configured for max connections

5. Wild Onion

Wild Onion Member

What would be an appropriate setting?

6. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

It depends on just how busy your site is. Increase it to 100, and see if you get it again. If you do, keep going.....

7. Wild Onion

Wild Onion Member

Enabled InnoDB and increased max connections to 100. I'm not getting the max connections error, but I'm still getting the bad delays in executing SQL processes.

8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

9. Wild Onion

Wild Onion Member

You guys rock. Thanks for all the help.

After changing the tables over to InnoDB, normal response times are much better. However, it still hangs every few minutes. It's not as bad as before. We seem to notice it the most on posting replies.

10. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

You will still need to tune the InnoDB settings in your my.cnf file.