1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Default skin and finding help on modifying it

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by JackieChun, Mar 14, 2013.

1. JackieChun

JackieChun Active Member

I am still on the fence about XenForo vs IPB for my next project, and I will need the forum to look like something like this: cathow.com and doghow.com. I noticed that both were running XenForo and reached out to the owner about how he or she accomplished that look, but did not get a response.

If you know which designer made these two forums and how much it would cost, can you please let me know?

Also, if I end up styling it on my own, can you tell me what else is modified from the default skin, other than the header image and a matching color scheme?
  2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Haven't seen these styles announced before so not sure about the designer, as for the forum it looks close to a standard install(of course we're only seeing the front end) looks like they use widget framework possibly for the global sidebar.

If you'd like to start a conversation with me when you're ready I could get you a quote on some similar.
  3. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

I highly recommend Russ if you are wanting a custom theme. He did one for me and it turned out great.
    Shelley likes this.
  4. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

It's prity much a default theme but if you wanted to go and do this yourself the enhancements i can see are as follows at a glance in the first site you mentioned.

The different node icons on the left hand side is a alteration you can make with Miko's guide (it's free and simple to setup) http://xenforo.com/community/threads/rc-1-custom-node-status-icons-read-unread.10886/
    The icons in the navbar is another easy 2 minute task that your able to make. Brogan submitted how to do that http://xenforo.com/community/resources/add-an-image-to-individual-navigation-tabs.428/