Default skin and finding help on modifying it

JackieChun

I am still on the fence about XenForo vs IPB for my next project, and I will need the forum to look like something like this: cathow.com and doghow.com. I noticed that both were running XenForo and reached out to the owner about how he or she accomplished that look, but did not get a response.

If you know which designer made these two forums and how much it would cost, can you please let me know?

Also, if I end up styling it on my own, can you tell me what else is modified from the default skin, other than the header image and a matching color scheme?

Haven't seen these styles announced before so not sure about the designer, as for the forum it looks close to a standard install(of course we're only seeing the front end) looks like they use widget framework possibly for the global sidebar.

If you'd like to start a conversation with me when you're ready I could get you a quote on some similar.

I am still on the fence about XenForo vs IPB for my next project, and I will need the forum to look like something like this: cathow.com and doghow.com. I noticed that both were running XenForo and reached out to the owner about how he or she accomplished that look, but did not get a response.

If you know which designer made these two forums and how much it would cost, can you please let me know?

Also, if I end up styling it on my own, can you tell me what else is modified from the default skin, other than the header image and a matching color scheme?

It's prity much a default theme but if you wanted to go and do this yourself the enhancements i can see are as follows at a glance in the first site you mentioned.

The different node icons on the left hand side is a alteration you can make with Miko's guide (it's free and simple to setup) http://xenforo.com/community/threads/rc-1-custom-node-status-icons-read-unread.10886/
The icons in the navbar is another easy 2 minute task that your able to make. Brogan submitted how to do that http://xenforo.com/community/resources/add-an-image-to-individual-navigation-tabs.428/

Top Bottom