Default Layout of xenforo looks very plain

invisible

Will it be final or will be improved ?

I expect vista type background instead of plain color of gray.

How about user selecting a wallpaper of their own for the background of forum ..

I do not find it to be plain at all.

Adding a wallpaper is trivial so still don't understand the problem.

Edit: oh wait he means that users here should be able to select a wallpaper, ok. Not a big fan of that idea then.

Will it be final or will be improved ?

I expect vista type background instead of plain color of gray.

How about user selecting a wallpaper of their own for the background of forum ..

Are you referring to this site, or the software package? If you are referring to the software, admins can change the background to what ever they wish.

It sounds like to me that you are referring to this site, so I'll move this thread to the appropriate forum for discussion.

I have no idea who Jeff is, but XenForo has nothing whatsoever to do with vBulletin. It is a totally brand new product.

And you sir, are sounding more and more like a spammer.

bye-bye
wave.gif

Geeez people.. it's an obvious pish take... the fake asian accent along with the avatar might be a bit of a give away ;)

Vista Background.. brilliant, but yeah... let's have it all animated and flashing too!!!!!

Don't make the mistake of branding something that is plain in your eyes for something that is clean, easy to navigate and not cluttered with redundant features/images/icons etc etc and so forth. As for the colours, they work, they're consistent with one another which compliments the layout very nicely.

You weren't specific in the reasoning why you feel it's plain? Adding a background wallpaper image can be achieved when the product is released. Maybe elaborate a little more and touching upon the areas you find to be plain would help advance the look and feel so the devs have a better idea with your suggestion/statement.

you people are living in dark ages with 14" monitors.

Go and buy a 24" LCD and browse the forum. YOu will say its too plain or uncompleted.
I'm on a 27" LED monitor as well, and the default theme is just fine. The default THEME *should* be fairly clean and simple so that individual admins can modify it for *their* specific tastes. If you make it a fancy, complicated style it's sure to be something that most people don't like.

It's just like getting a house ready to show to potential real estate buyers, you don't want bold dramatic personalization, you want neutral colors and decorating so that people can see how it would work for their particular tastes.

Personally I find the default style to be an excellent starting point, and it's incredibly easy to change it from this to almost anything you might like... Far FAR easier than restyling any other forum system I've seen. And that's just based on looking at the CSS in firebug, I'm sure once we have access to the templates and the style manager it'll be even easier :).

Simple and clean is the way to go.

I hope this isn't too off-topic, I have a question relating to layouts. I was wondering if there would be a way for XenoForo to have multiple layout themes within the same forum. For example, you have the main forum page and you have 2 different categories (Announcements and General Discussion), if you went in to one category you would have a different theme layout than in the other category. It sounds a little odd, but in my mind's eye it looks fun :P

Simple and clean is the way to go.

I hope this isn't too off-topic, I have a question relating to layouts. I was wondering if there would be a way for XenoForo to have multiple layout themes within the same forum. For example, you have the main forum page and you have 2 different categories (Announcements and General Discussion), if you went in to one category you would have a different theme layout than in the other category. It sounds a little odd, but in my mind's eye it looks fun :p
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/will-xenforo-support-multiple-themes.2288/#post-33909 :)

you people are living in dark ages with 14" monitors.

Go and buy a 24" LCD and browse the forum. YOu will say its too plain or uncompleted.
LOL I'm on a triple monitor with two 40" and a 24.5" all running 1080 and I say this looks fine. I think you shouldn't be so narrow minded in assuming your the first person with a large monitor to view this page. Remember xf is useable the way it is and has the availability of being manipulated how you see fit. And the dark ages didn't even have light bulbs let alone liquid crystal FTR and a person without much money scraping to save for xF might take offense to that statement when they are suffering personally so they can have a community built on solid software. By that logic I will buy my next car because it's pretty regardless if it runs and if you buy one and it isn't the same color as my preference it's ugly.

Ahh I didn't realize this I thought that was a genuine person with a genuine outlook. I guess trying to dissuade him would be pointless then. Thanks dutch for saving me some effort :-)

Top Bottom