XF 1.2 Default Language / Custom Language

erich37

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or whether this is a bug ?

I have created a "Custom Language" and have made this "Custom Language" to be default.

langissue.gif

Now when an existing user is logging in, he is still seeing the language which is named "Default".
Existing users do not see the "Custom Language", but the "Default Language".

How do make it, so that all users (old users / already registered users) will only see the "Custom Language" ?
I know that I can set the Language for each user in ACP, but that is quite a lot of work to change the language-setting for 300 users.
Is there a way to show only my "Custom Language" to all users ?

Many thanks!

Why are you making your custom language a child of the default?

If you want everyone to use your custom language, why not just modify the default?

What are you trying to achieve?

The reason I am making my "custom language" being a child of the default, is that the "Default Language" is being overwritten when I upgrade to the next XenForo-version.
And I want to avoid doing all my language-customizations again and again when doing a software-upgrade.

Is there any other way to do it ?

are you saying that none of the customized phrases are being overwritten when performing a software-upgrade ?

As far as I remember the phrase "terms_rules_text" always got overwritten on a software-upgrade (at least in the past).

So I am kinda careful and creating a child language.....

I read somewhere that languages are supposed to be layered like styles in order to not get overwritten when you upgrade plugins or core. I have my language organized the same way... but I am noticing issues. So I looks like I need to make my custom language have no parent.

Top Bottom