Dedicated Server Recommendations

Eoj Nawoh

Hello All,

It's been quite some time since my last post, I apologize. Been very busy. Well here's the issue, I currently have a dedicated server from the folks over at ServerComplete. I have no real complaints, there was an intial bumpy start, but they fixed everything and 99%* of the time it's lovely. However, the largest issue I have is that our dedicated servers, among other things are being used as game servers. We're a decently large community in that sense and we've become increasingly more so a target for DDoS attacks. Now the largest downfall of our current host is they do no offer DDoS mitigation, including DNS attacks, which is what hit us.

While I do love their service, I also don't want to be force null routed every time some individual chooses to fire off a simple DNS request en mass and take my server down.

So any good suggestions for Dedicated servers with DDoS mitigation services? (US based please!)

Thanks much in advance!

*Completely made up, I don't actually know how much of the time it is indeed lovely. But it feels like between 90% to 99%.

CloudFlare is useful for DNS hosting, as they can tank ridiculously large DNS attacks even on the free plans.

You can also put your entire site behind ClouldFlare and take advantage that they provide free DDoS protection. But you do need to be careful that you don't leak the actual server IP out, which obviously doesn't help if you are hosting game servers.

Last edited:
CloudFlare is useful for DNS hosting, as they can tank ridiculously large DNS attacks even on the free plans.

You can also put your entire site behind ClouldFlare and take advantage that they provide free DDoS protection. But you do need to be careful that you don't leak the actual server IP out, which obviously doesn't help if you are hosting game servers.
We use it for our web servers, however, CloudFlare isn't really available for our game servers.

Absolutely DO NOT use CloudFlare for your gameservers.

Sharktech runs a good ship with DDoS protection, and a few different locations. BlackLotus is pretty good, though they are going to be more expensive.

Top Bottom