XF 1.2 deactivate failure notice mailer deamon

peterlustich

Hey guy's i get daily 5-6 mails from my mailer deamon with this message :

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at forum.mywebsite.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

WHERE CAN I DEACTIVATE THIS TYPE OF MAILS ??

Looks like the recipient email is not valid so you are getting bounced emails.

what you can do is delete the associated user of that email. so the mails are not sent to those emails and you don't get bouncebacks

Looks like the recipient email is not valid so you are getting bounced emails.

what you can do is delete the associated user of that email. so the mails are not sent to those emails and you don't get bouncebacks

yeah i understand the problem , but i'm searching for a solution that i dont have to get this type of mails. My mail inbox is spammed with this type of mails and i dont have the time to go and remove every day 4-5 users.

you don't have a choice other than deleting users.

or

create a folder named invalidforumusers in your mail account and redirect all the bounce back emails to this folder. so you can easily delete it.

Bounce emails like the one in the OP are sent by the SMTP server to the sender - the can only be disabled in the server configuration, by the server admin. If it is a shared server, this is not going to happen, and I wouldn't recommend doing it.

You should enable email confirmation, and also set the bounce email in the email settings, so that bounce notifications go to that email address instead.

Liam

Top Bottom