• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[DBTech] Top X Stats

Belazor

Anyone who's ever used DBTech's InfoPanels on vBulletin - or indeed any other auto-refreshing Top X Stats mod - would feel like their forums were naked without it.
So, as I was trying to familiarise myself with XenForo and its new coding style, I created this modification.

Currently, it only supports the 3 blocks you see in the screenshot. More blocks will be added over time, though.
Also, at this point in time, it's hard-coded to work with a 60 second refresh time.

However, what it DOES have is trimming of thread titles / user names! The default values are set to look good with the default skin on a resolution of 1280x768.
The 'X' part of Top X Stats is also customisable, via the options.

Hopefully you enjoy this release from DragonByte Technologies :)

topxstats.webp

Attachments

It looks all messed up on a fixed width forum :( It's just too wide.

Where should I put <xen:include template="dbtech_topxstats_box_wrapper" /> so that it goes after the forums and sidebar? (I tried at the end of forum_list, but it put it in with the forums)

It looks all messed up on a fixed width forum :( It's just too wide.
How small is that skin, then? Cause as mentioned in the OP, and seen in the screenshot, it looks fine when the total width of the forum does not exceed 750 pixels.
A skin more narrow than that will sadly not be supported :(

Where should I put <xen:include template="dbtech_topxstats_box_wrapper" /> so that it goes after the forums and sidebar? (I tried at the end of forum_list, but it put it in with the forums)
I don't know, may need to try another template entirely.

To many people, this is a performance waster, it draws too many queues and causes slow page loading time.

To me, this is an information goldmine. I love it, especially if you have it like the Top X Stats setup (like 5 different items to be viewed). I love it and so do my staff.

My forum is 960px width, including the sidebar. It's confined to the area of the node list, default settings (15 chars for usernames and thread titles, etc).

I've attached a screenshot.

Attachments

• db_top_x_stats.webp
    db_top_x_stats.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 178
It'd be nice if this could generate and XML feed too, so we could use this information to populate signature images for the site as a whole... Not just on a per user basis.

How come the node list isn't extended all the way up to the sidebar?
I'm not sure what you mean? The screenshot I put is below the node list (forum listing) and above the footer breadcrumb area, but it's confined to the width of the node list. It would be fine if it expanded to go across both columns.

For now I have it disabled (although I really do like what it shows). I'll try to futz with it later and see if I can't figure something out. I think it's just an issue with my forum being fixed width. The main column is 660px wide...

I think it just needs to be placed (for my needs, right above the footer, I don't want it to be too distracting) in div.mainContainer -- I'm not sure if there's a template that controls that. I'll look around.

If you notice, you'll see there's a huge gap between the right side of the Top X Stats block and the left sidebar border.
Yeah, no matter where I put it, the sidebar keeps its column clear of anything else. The problem is that the forum_list template only lets you put stuff in the left/main column div. Anything in the <xen:sidebar> tags goes to the sidebar div.

Either there is another place we can place it or a hook needs to be made that lets us place it somewhere else. Otherwise it will always be confined to the main column (or the sidebar as najaru has shown).

This will only get better and it's one of the most important mods I'm looking for. We use Cyb-Advanced Stats on VB and this XF mod provides a similar function.

Top Bottom