1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Database Problems(localhost)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Russ, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Had a power failure out of no where and am getting this error:

Mysqli prepare error: Table '.\devxf\xf_session' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
    5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/Session.php at line 784
    6. XenForo_Session->saveSessionToSource() in XenForo/Session.php at line 518
    7. XenForo_Session->save() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 412
    8. XenForo_Controller->updateSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 356
    9. XenForo_Controller->postDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 354
    10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:/xampp/htdocs/index.php at line 13

How can I go about fixing it? I'm really hoping I can :(

Can't login the ACP: Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Truncate the session table.
    Russ likes this.
  3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Appreciate it Brogan, my heart stopped, time to backup my styles now :)
  4. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

And time to invest in a UPS!
    Sudden loss of power to mySQL can cause "bad things to come to life" ™.:p
    Russ likes this.
  5. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Had one and somehow didnt make the latest move :D
  6. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Them: Hello, thank you for calling Wally World - How may I direct your call?
    Russ: Hello, Wally World, I need to speak to your electronics section
    <awful music now playing in background for a long time period>
    Them: Hello, this is electronics... how may I help you.
    Russ: Hey, do you carry good UPS's?
    Them: I'm sorry sir, we don't do any shipping, the nearest UPS store is about 2 miles from us
    Russ: No... a UPS - it keeps your computer up running when the power goes out
    Them: Sir, that would be the pet department - you would need to inquire about a hamster and a cage with a metal running wheel and then go to the hardware section to get copper wire, magnets and anything else you need
    Russ: Never mind - I'll get online and order from Amazon.