Database and Model Implementation

vbresults

I admire the way CakePHP's data sources are diverse, and how accessing the data is very abstracted through the use of models. The abstraction in question allows support for MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, DB2, Oracle, Firebird, Sybase, ADODB, ODBC, or even a custom source. Does xF implement anything like this? It would be nice to not look at SQL queries anymore. :)

I've used the CakePHP framework, and found it to be miserably slow for the sites I had in mind for it. I'm currently using CodeIgniter. It seems to be the fastest and most flexible for me.

I use nginx for all my static content, and just throw PHP at Apache. I have too many Apache rewrites to completely move to 100% nginx, but I hope to eventually.

Lithium will blow everything out of the water.

Quite literally. Ever throw a solid chunk of it into water?

Thats not strange at all. Wordpress using Lighty is great advertising for them. Why did WP switch to Nginx?

Because lightty is a steaming dung pile? I tried it for a week. It leaked 800 MB of memory daily (handling only 10 million requests per day, tops). So I switched to Nginx a week later, when 0.5.34 was released (Dec 07). And it's been the most rock solid code I've ever used.

Top Bottom