XF 1.3 dana-cached error

lmnop

Hello all and Happy New Year,

A user on our forum is not able to start a thread or to reply to threads. The error messages she gets are below:

Route dana-cached/help/empty.
htmlthreads/fetal-bovine-serum.203/add-reply could not be found.

Route dana-cached/help/empty.htmlforums/antibodies-enzymes-biochemicals-cell-culture.76/add-thread could not be found.

I am able to log in as her ( and post for her. She has tried a work computer and a home computer (both Macs OS X), without luck.

I submitted a ticket with XF, but Mike was not able to solve the issue. He mentioned "it seems to be related to Juniper network devices or software".

Interestingly, she was able to post in August and September, but not in December.

Any ideas on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated!

Mallory

As per Mike's response, the string "dana-cached" doesn't exist within XenForo.

Ask the user to try from another machine which hasn't had a VPN client installed from Juniper (for example).

As you are able to post using their account, the issue is somewhere between the user and your forum server, but it's unrelated to XenForo.

Yep, thanks, I understand that XF is not the problem. But I was hoping someone in the broader community has had the same experience and could shed some light on what could be going on between the user and the forum server. She doesn't think her home computer has a VPN client on it, but I can ask her to check closely and also to try to remember which computer she used when she was able to post. Again, thanks for the help - M

She doesn't think her home computer has a VPN client on it, but I can ask her to check closely and also to try to remember which computer she used when she was able to post.
Just as an aside.. on a google search on dana-cached, the top 10 returns ALL dealt with a Juniper VPN client... so either she or someone else has installed a VPN client on that computer - or she is connecting through a VPN.

Top Bottom