• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[damncomputer] Status in posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see .... I will be adding different positions for selection in the options from admin panel once I get the main parts changed to how I want it, but that was one I hadnt thought of so thanks for that :)

Thank you Marc. IMHO the best position for "status" message is without dubt the sign and exactly this position may "push" the user to leave a status message :)
The first line of the sign, may be the perfect location... ;)

UPDATE 1.0.2
  • Template and CSS now setup rather than being hard coded in PHP files
  • Prefix moved above the text to separate from the status itself
  • Truncated to a single line, showing only on hover
The status shows in the post as below before hovering over

sshot3.webp

after hovering it shows like this :)

sshot4.webp

Next version to include viewing permissions and choice for other locations.

Note to designers: I am what people would refer to as cr@p in the CSS & HTML dept so if anyone fancies looking at the templates and CSS with this modification and feels they can improve on it, feel free and I will add them into the addon. (Currently learning the php side of things so dont really wanna go learning something else till this lot sinks properly lol)

is it possible to remove the bold on STATUS?

Hi there,
I plan to template this at some point, however working on another modification at present. You can do this at the moment by editing library/statusInPost/Listener/statusInPost.php

Find
PHP:
$contents.="<b>$statusPrefix</b> ".$template->create('dc_statusInPost',$params)->render();

Replace with
PHP:
$contents.="$statusPrefix ".$template->create('dc_statusInPost',$params)->render();

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom