• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Damn I goofed I think.

So I think I buggered this up...

I setup Xenforo, imported all the Data from the Old vBulletin site, and spent a good 20 hours or more configuring, testing, modifying Styles etc.. and am not ready to make the 'switch over'.

From what I am reading now (Which I suppose I should have done in the first place so my bad) I cannot do a "Differential" import from the vBulleting Database, if I do an import now everything will be duplicated which I really do not want to have happen. Am I correct int his assumption? Is there a work around to only import the threads /Posts that occurred in the last five days? Or am I hooped here?

Scratch

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
So I think I buggered this up...

I setup Xenforo, imported all the Data from the Old vBulletin site, and spent a good 20 hours or more configuring, testing, modifying Styles etc.. and am not ready to make the 'switch over'.

From what I am reading now (Which I suppose I should have done in the first place so my bad) I cannot do a "Differential" import from the vBulleting Database, if I do an import now everything will be duplicated which I really do not want to have happen. Am I correct int his assumption? Is there a work around to only import the threads /Posts that occurred in the last five days? Or am I hooped here?

Scratch
You would need to do it all from fresh.

I suggest doing a new install leaving your current test in place, so you can quickly compare the changes you made :)

AWS

Default database table is called archive_import_log. If you didn't check the box in the popup at the end of the import then you didn't save the log.

AWS

No that isn't it. The default option would be archive_import_log and you would have saved it at the end of the import just before the caches rebuild to finish the import.

So I'm screwed it would seem. Damn and Blast. So as far as I can see there's not way to import a "Diff" between the old VB4 and New XF. And also I cannot simply dump the threads etc. from the current Databse leaving all my changes in place and simply import the existing VB into XF.

From what I can tell the only real option is to re-install a Fresh XF, re-do all the mods, updates and customization and go from there. That or loose the 4 or 5 days of Posts on the old VB site....

Meh, it is what it is I guess.....

Yeah, I considered that, and a lot of other options too.

End result, I was able to Re-Import any new registrations so I did not loose Users themselves, and the posts, well they were a fatality of the Migration :) People were well aware of the move so no real big loss IMHO.....