1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Daily posts to participate in personal conversations

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases [Archive]' started by borbole, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

I created this mod for an user here at xenforo. Who wanted to make it so only the daily active users can send pm's and/or reply to them.

Installation. First unzip the mod package and ftp the library folder inside to the root of your forum folder. Then go to your Acp->Add-ons->Install New Add-on->Install from uploaded file: Click the Browse button, locate the addon_DailyPostsPm.xml file inside the mod package and ht the Install Add On button.

To configure the mod go to Options in your Acp->Threads, Discussions and Conversations and all the way to the bottom you will see 3 new options. One is to enable/disable the mod and the other to enter the number of daily posts an user must have to send pm's and/or reply to them.. By default it is set to 5. Admins are exluded from the posts limit. And the last settings is for the error message that you want to appear to user with less daily posts set by you when trying to reply to their Personal Conversations.

If you need support with this mod then please post at its thread at my forum, thank you. :)

Attached Files:

JVCode, Nasr, Veer and 1 other person like this.
  2. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

This is great! I hope to see more addons for active users (like "forums only for active users") in the future.
    Veer and borbole like this.
  3. borbole

Thanks. Do you mean so only users who are active on daily basis can enter certain forums?
  4. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

5. Veer

Veer Well-Known Member

Good job, keep up the good work.
    borbole likes this.
  6. borbole

If you will put in a request at my forum, I will add it on my to do list for next week.
  7. borbole

8. M@rc

M@rc Well-Known Member

Thanks for the add-on. Well done.

This is great to get more members posting and to avoid spammers logging in each day to spam someone's private message ( aka conversations ) inbox.
    borbole likes this.
  9. borbole

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.