D.C Style - Widgets

D.C Style - Widgets 1.1.4 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Hi, does this widget allow you to do an offset? Meaning that I make 3 widgets from the same forum, and use them in a custom page and display them together but use an offset of +1 +2 etc to tell it to pull the 1st thread from the forum, or the 2nd or 3rd etc.

I hope I explained this well but in case I didn't I made a visual of a page I'm working on. I've added widgets that pull the thread of book reviews from one node. However; as you can see, it only pulls the first topic from the same node. If I could have an "offset" in the widget options and tell the widget to pull the 2nd or 3rd thread then the page would be more dynamic.

threadexample.webp

Hi, does this widget allow you to do an offset? Meaning that I make 3 widgets from the same forum, and use them in a custom page and display them together but use an offset of +1 +2 etc to tell it to pull the 1st thread from the forum, or the 2nd or 3rd etc.

I hope I explained this well but in case I didn't I made a visual of a page I'm working on. I've added widgets that pull the thread of book reviews from one node. However; as you can see, it only pulls the first topic from the same node. If I could have an "offset" in the widget options and tell the widget to pull the 2nd or 3rd thread then the page would be more dynamic.

Sorry to say, but it can't.

I get this error when I try to add a Random Thread widget

ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Undefined array key "threadTitleLimit" in src/addons/DC/Widgets/Widget/RandomThreads.php at line 198
  1. XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/DC/Widgets/Widget/RandomThreads.php at line 198
  2. DC\Widgets\Widget\RandomThreads->verifyOptions() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Widget.php at line 121
  3. XF\Admin\Controller\Widget->XF\Admin\Controller\{closure}() in src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php at line 170
  4. XF\Mvc\FormAction->run() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Widget.php at line 157
  5. XF\Admin\Controller\Widget->actionSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
  6. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
  7. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
  8. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2352
  10. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
  11. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

@D.C Style Hello, can you check this bug please ?

Another thing: when you choose to display the latest replies and classify them by date of the last message, it is always the date of creation of the discussion that is displayed and not that of the last reply. This creates a little confusion suggesting that the forum is not active, the dates are often old. Can you watch this?

And would it be possible that when we click on the link of the discussion we land on the last unread message and not systematically on the first message?

Thank you ! :)

Last edited:
Thank you for this update which solves the problem.

On the other hand, concerning the random thread widget, would it be possible that the option which makes it possible to display discussions for a certain number of days could be based on the choice of the date of the last message and not only on the date of creation of the discussion? Because active discussions that have lasted for some time, for example a few weeks, are not displayed when they are generating messages, it's a shame. We also have threads such as music playlists which are very old threads (several months) but which are updated daily, unfortunately they also do not appear in the widgets... This option exists for the NEW THREADS widget but really missing for the RANDOM THREADS widget.

THANK YOU !!

Another thing: when you choose to display the latest replies and classify them by date of the last message, it is always the date of creation of the discussion that is displayed and not that of the last reply. This creates a little confusion suggesting that the forum is not active, the dates are often old. Can you watch this?

And would it be possible that when we click on the link of the discussion we land on the last unread message and not systematically on the first message?
On the other hand, concerning the random thread widget, would it be possible that the option which makes it possible to display discussions for a certain number of days could be based on the choice of the date of the last message and not only on the date of creation of the discussion? Because active discussions that have lasted for some time, for example a few weeks, are not displayed when they are generating messages, it's a shame. We also have threads such as music playlists which are very old threads (several months) but which are updated daily, unfortunately they also do not appear in the widgets... This option exists for the NEW THREADS widget but really missing for the RANDOM THREADS widget.
Hey ! What about this ? :) 🤷‍♂️

So I installed it and after that I have noticed that another addon is missing - [DC Style] – Thumbnail, so I installed it. After that I have noticed again, that there is a need to install another addon to get the others working... What is the point of it? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom