D.C Style - Thread Icon

D.C Style - Thread Icon 1.0.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download

D.C Style

D.C Style submitted a new resource:

D.C Style - Thread Icon - Allow users to add icons to their threads.

Introduce

Allow users to add icons to their threads.
  • Customize icon for each thread based on Font Awesome Icons.
  • Allow choosing forums that can use thread icons.
  • Allow choosing icon position (before, after thread title), globally, or depending on each thread setting.
  • Support permission for each user group.

Read more about this resource...

Doesn't seem to offer too many icons, is it possible to add the full list of the 5.x pro icons included in the XF install? If that's not possible, oh well.

To be honest, I'd love to see FA6 since it has a Guilded icon (Discord alternative).

If XenForo supports FA6, yes.
Our coowner might see if there's a way to add FA6 support manually to our server, once they fix their net.

EDIT: One more suggestion if possible, the ability to search the fontawesome icon name with a search box? I tried activating and typing a first letter to see if it jumps to it, but it doesn't.

Last edited:
Our coowner might see if there's a way to add FA6 support manually to our server, once they fix their net.

EDIT: One more suggestion if possible, the ability to search the fontawesome icon name with a search box? I tried activating and typing a first letter to see if it jumps to it, but it doesn't.
I'll consider it in the next version.

Hello, i installed this add-on but with the FAM add-on by @Kirby most of the icons doesn't appears, how to manage that ?
It seems that the sub-sets are not updated. Thanks.

With the new update it seems that I can choose an icon when starting a new thread but not when editing a title of an thread that already exists. It has the option in editing thread but when I click on it the icon picker doesn't come up.

With the new update it seems that I can choose an icon when starting a new thread but not when editing a title of an thread that already exists. It has the option in editing thread but when I click on it the icon picker doesn't come up.
Thank you for the report. The bug has been fixed on the latest update.
Regards,

@D.C Style, please use [TC] Component Library as a dependency, no need to copy our code into your add-on.
Sorry, I didn’t find your add-on on XenForo resources market, so I thought you guys didn’t want to public it here. I also made some changes on the JS code for Font Awesome Picker menu.
Can I keep the current copy of your code in my add-on for convenient? I appreciate that.
Regards,

P/s: If you don’t want me to include the part of your code in my add-on, let me know and I’ll make an update. Thank you.

Sorry, I didn’t find your add-on on XenForo resources market, so I thought you guys didn’t want to public it here.
All our resources will be published here later. For now, we need to resolve some organizational issues and translate all descriptions into different languages.
I also made some changes on the JS code for Font Awesome Picker menu.
Can I keep the current copy of your code in my add-on for convenient? I appreciate that.
As I understand it, these changes are aimed at fixing a bug with displaying the icon selection menu in overlays? I discovered it not long ago and it will be fixed in the next update. I'll let you know when it's released, but for now you can leave it as is.
For the future, you don't have to completely rewrite your JS files to make these fixes, you can just create an extension. :)

All our resources will be published here later. For now, we need to resolve some organizational issues and translate all descriptions into different languages.

As I understand it, these changes are aimed at fixing a bug with displaying the icon selection menu in overlays? I discovered it not long ago and it will be fixed in the next update. I'll let you know when it's released, but for now you can leave it as is.
For the future, you don't have to completely rewrite your JS files to make these fixes, you can just create an extension. :)
Yes, you've pointed out the exact problem that I met. Please let me know when you guys done with the organization issues and published the new version of the library on Xenforo community. I'll update my add-on based on it.

I sure will, thank you.

Regards,

Top Bottom