[cXF] Grid Nodes

[cXF] Grid Nodes [Paid] 1.1.8

No permission to buy (€25.00)
Someone call me?
Ok, got it. @BassMan my addon pretty simple. If you wish - you are free to copy it's functions or i can just make support for you. Call me if you need that

@BassMan How do I enable grid mode in mobile view but show only one column with a little space on both margins?

Basically I would like to make it to something like

1599209137928.webp

@BassMan How do I completely remove the effect of this add-on for certain forums? The option "Exclude forums" only make them one column instead of 2 column grids.

I need this so that I can define my own layouts of sub-forums in a forum but it's always affected by your Grid Nodes add-on. Only completely disable the add-on can eliminate the influence. But then of course I'll loose all the grid features for other forums.

I tried to modify the add-on extra.less to the following but it doesn't work.

Less:
$0
<xf:if is="in_array({$forum.node_id}, [2,8,10,12])">
      <xf:if is="property('gn_enabled') == 'enabled'">
        {{ include('cxf_grid_nodes.less') }}
    </xf:if>

Last edited:
@BassMan How do I enable grid mode in mobile view but show only one column with a little space on both margins?

Basically I would like to make it to something like

View attachment 234208
This screenshot is from a 3rd party style and this add-on will not cover such customization.

You can achieve something similar on the default style by adding this code to your extra.less template:
Less:
@media (max-width: @xf-responsiveNarrow) {
    .block--category .block-container {
        background: transparent;
        margin-left: 0;
        margin-right: 0;
        border-style: none;

.block-header {
            border-radius: 4px;
            box-shadow: 0 3px 3px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);
        }
        .node {
            padding: 5px 0;
            border-top: 0;
        }
        .node-body {
            background: @xf-paletteNeutral1;
            border-radius: 4px;
            box-shadow: 0 3px 3px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);
        }
    }
}

How do I completely remove the effect of this add-on for certain forums? The option "Exclude forums" only make them one column instead of 2 column grids.
The exclude option means it will work as default for the selected node.

I need this so that I can define my own layouts of sub-forums
What layout do you have in mind?

@BassMan How do I completely remove the effect of this add-on for certain forums? The option "Exclude forums" only make them one column instead of 2 column grids.

I need this so that I can define my own layouts of sub-forums in a forum but it's always affected by your Grid Nodes add-on. Only completely disable the add-on can eliminate the influence. But then of course I'll loose all the grid features for other forums.

I tried to modify the add-on extra.less to the following but it doesn't work.

Less:
$0
<xf:if is="in_array({$forum.node_id}, [2,8,10,12])">
      <xf:if is="property('gn_enabled') == 'enabled'">
        {{ include('cxf_grid_nodes.less') }}
Conditional statements won't work in LESS templates.

@BassMan So with the add-on enabled, the sub-forums are either forced to be shown as 2 columns or a single column.

How do I get rid of its effect in excluded sub-forums?

Add this code:
Less:
[data-template="forum_view"][data-container-key='node-xx'] .block .block-body.gn-grid {
    display: block;
}

Add this code:
Less:
[data-template="forum_view"][data-container-key='node-xx'] .block .block-body.gn-grid {
    display: block;
}

Thanks. It's almost there. Those sub-forums blocks look good in mobile view - neatly aligned in fixed width columns (evenly spaced) and properly spaced/padded as defined in my code.

But the blocks don't look right in wider screen views. They are in variable widths, not following the spacing, padding defined in my code. Also the block borders still follow the style of your add-on.

Last edited:
Thanks. It's almost there. Those sub-forums blocks look good in mobile view - neatly aligned in fixed width columns (evenly spaced) and properly spaced/padded as defined in my code.

But the blocks don't look right in wider screen views. They are in variable widths, not following the spacing, padding defined in my code. Also the block borders still follow the style of your add-on.
Ok, let's continue this over PM because these are more custom edits. You just need to find the right selectors to style it.

EDIT: I can't send you PM here. You can contact me here via PM or on customizexf.com

Last edited:
Top Bottom