1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Customizing the Forum Stats box

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by MattH, Dec 22, 2015.

1. MattH

MattH Active Member

Hi Guys,

I asked a similar question in the past, but wanted to catch up and try to implement this. The forum stats box on my forum is really high because it is counting a subforum that has some RSS generated content. I looked into the templates and found:

$boardTotals.discussions
    $boardTotals.messages

And wondered if there is a way to edit the content of those, or somehow otherwise adjust the number showing so it only reflects messages and discussions created as 'real' threads?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2015-12-22 at 2.20.55 PM.png

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It would require an add-on to do it properly but a quick and dirty way would be to use xen:calc and subtract a value from both totals.

You would have to keep updating it manually though.

MattH likes this.
  3. MattH

MattH Active Member

Thanks - I was wondering if each forum had a counter and could remove the variable using a calc.. but I guess not. How would the syntax read for the xen:calc?

4. Brogan

There are counts for each forum but I doubt the data is available to that template.

The syntax would be:
    HTML:
    {xen:number {xen:calc '{$boardTotals.discussions} - 1000'}}

MattH likes this.
  5. MattH

MattH Active Member

Thanks very much!

6. MattH

MattH Active Member

Quick follow up @Brogan do I need to rebuild anything or just wait for it to revert?

7. Brogan

It will be instant if you have edited the correct style template.

8. MattH

MattH Active Member

Hmm.. I went for the kosher one, but I run widget framework which may be overriding it...

9. MattH

MattH Active Member

Fixed - thanks again!

10. Brogan

That's a definite possibility.

I don't use that add-on so can't help.