XF 2.2 Customizing "Similar threads"

Anatoliy

I use xenForo's "Similar threads" add-on and I like it. However there is a problem with it as it takes in consideration keyword relevance only, and doesn't (well, because it just can't) consider pages "authority". So I exported a list of top performing pages (bring most organic traffic) from Google Search Console, and my idea is to create "topic related clusters" of 11 pages, so each of them will have a widget with 10 links to others, and those 10 Similar threads will be not just keyword related, but also with the biggest "authority".

It was not difficult to create a first cluster, a widget with links to pages, and a conditional !$xf.visitor.user_id && in_array($xf.reply.contentKey, ['thread-x', 'thread-y', ...', 'thread-z']). And I added a conditional to the XFES: Similar threads widget so the pages that have the widget with my manually selected related links would not display the XFES: Similar threads widget. !$xf.visitor.user_id AND !in_array($xf.reply.contentKey, ['thread-x', ..., 'thread-z']). Everything seems to work as expected.

So here is a question that bothers me. To "similar link" all those 1000 best performing pages I will have to create 100 widgets. (And that's fine, I can handle it. )
So the conditional in XFES: Similar threads widget will include an array with 1000 :eek: elements.

Will it slow down page load speed for all the threads as php now will have to go through that huge array to see if XFES: Similar threads widget should be displayed?

Still can't figure out how to proper link titles. Now they link to admin.php?threads/ .
If you use link() in an admin template, it will try to build an admin.php-link.

Try:

{{ link_type('public', 'threads', $dat) }}

I bet serp just has to get higher after I merge those threads. 🕺
I am not a SEO, but I can tell you that's a far too simple calculation. Also keep in mind that you will loose 1 indexed page (the thread, that you merge into the other one). But that should be discussed in a dedicated thread (not in den dev section here).

Try: {{ link_type('public', 'threads', $dat) }}
Yes! Thanks!!!
I am not a SEO, but I can tell you that's a far too simple calculation.
Maybe you make things more complicated than they are? )
Also keep in mind that you will loose 1 indexed page (the thread, that you merge into the other one).
nope, I left a permanent redirect
But that should be discussed in a dedicated thread (not in den dev section here).
I respect numbers more than words. A chart from G search console will tell everything without a word in a month. ;)

Top Bottom