Resource icon

Customize Individual Trophy Icons

ArnyVee

ArnyVee submitted a new resource:

Customize Individual Trophy Icons (version 1.0) - Add custom icons to your site as a nice touch for members

Your community's trophies page list the trophies and the points associated with each trophy.

View attachment 32866

This template modification changes the points to individual icons which add a nice little touch to your community. (NOTE: Images NOT included)

FOUR EASY STEPS
1. Get icons for each of the trophies that you'd like to display
2. Name each icon and upload them (note the "path" to edit into template edit later)
3. Edit the "trophy" template
4. Refresh your...

Read more about this resource...

Nice idea.

I'm searching for some fun trophy icons. I've found some clip art but nothing I really like yet. Anyone know of a resource I might check out?

Great add Arny....

I've been searching how to add the image based on the amount of Trophy Points you gain. Like 1-15 points all one image, 20-50 all one, 50-100 one... or something along those lines. I suppose you could do it with this as well, just figured there would be an easier way.

Nice idea.

I'm searching for some fun trophy icons. I've found some clip art but nothing I really like yet. Anyone know of a resource I might check out?

Jeff, I've used IconsPedia.com in the past, but I'm sure there are a ton of sites out there.

Looks good. (y)
great idea and is better understandable for a user of what a "Trophy" is. (y)
This is great. Thank you.

Great add Arny....

I've been searching how to add the image based on the amount of Trophy Points you gain. Like 1-15 points all one image, 20-50 all one, 50-100 one... or something along those lines. I suppose you could do it with this as well, just figured there would be an easier way.

I've setup over 30 different on one project as I set them up for Birthdays (cake) and other criteria. It's a little time consuming, but once you have it setup you're all good moving forward :)

Nice idea.

Jeff, you should use your Titans helmets somehow....

Also, another site is www.iconfinder.com

Usually though, most of those sites end up with the same icons. A few times you will find something different.

Great Template Mod. I always thought it would be cool to transform the trophy system into a badge system and display the badges in the user profile. Now to figure out how to display them on page rather than the current trophy overlay.

Great Template Mod.

Thanks Brian.

If anyone has done this, please share your screenshots :)

Also, I'd appreciate it if you would rate (five stars if things were easy to follow in the modification instructions ;) ) the template mod so that others can find it and use it :D

Magnus, if I recall correctly, I tried the display in profile option and it didn't seem to work. Maybe I can give it another go this weekend and add that as part of the instructions as an alternate way to display the trophies.

I have had something custom coded to display them in sig fields, so I can understand the frustration of not being able to 'show off' the trophies as they should be :)

I did get the code that Magnus linked to working for a trophy tab and by the looks of the templates it pulls the trophy template edited with this modification so once installed it should pull your trophy graphics. I haven't added this template modification yet, I have my wife working on some foursquare style badges. I will report back when its done.

Just a side note the post that is linked to does have all of the changes needed. If you read the thread there is a post about a line of code that was forgotten but the original post was edited to include that change

Ha, just realised my mate did a variation of this a couple of week before you posted this.

A cool example for those who want ideas, this is a minecraft modification of the same idea.

Icons relevant to your forum like this make the whole trophy system seem way cooler to me. Like if you had Disney characters as the icon on your Walt Disney site as trophies.

It becomes like getting achievements in Steam, people spend hours trying to get the most menial achievement when it's got a cool name and icon they can show off on their profile - all the more reason to try and get that profile tab mod for trophies working

Magnus, if I recall correctly, I tried the display in profile option and it didn't seem to work. Maybe I can give it another go this weekend and add that as part of the instructions as an alternate way to display the trophies.

I have had something custom coded to display them in sig fields, so I can understand the frustration of not being able to 'show off' the trophies as they should be :)
It is working for me, though I had some troubles in positioning them. I had to place it at the end, originally I tried before the Warnings tab, but that caused the warnings to appear in the trophies tab and the trophies appear in the warning tab. I am not entirely sure as to why this happened, I just moved it and it solved the problem.

I did get the code that Magnus linked to working for a trophy tab and by the looks of the templates it pulls the trophy template edited with this modification so once installed it should pull your trophy graphics. I haven't added this template modification yet, I have my wife working on some foursquare style badges. I will report back when its done.

Just a side note the post that is linked to does have all of the changes needed. If you read the thread there is a post about a line of code that was forgotten but the original post was edited to include that change
It works the same way as the trophy overlay, except it loads that in a profile tab. So if you see your icons there, you are set to go.

Icons relevant to your forum like this make the whole trophy system seem way cooler to me. Like if you had Disney characters as the icon on your Walt Disney site as trophies.

It becomes like getting achievements in Steam, people spend hours trying to get the most menial achievement when it's got a cool name and icon they can show off on their profile - all the more reason to try and get that profile tab mod for trophies working

That's exactly right. I have it setup on one of my Disney-related projects that is under construction here: DisFriends.net

Top Bottom