1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CustomBB question

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Clay Culver, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Clay Culver

Clay Culver Member

Hi,

I am looking at using xenForo but one thing remains and that is custom bbcodes. I have seen this thread http://xenforo.com/community/threads/custom-bb-codes.66206/ but it relates to a version of xenForo that is not recommended for live use.

Right now I use phpBB3 and a custombb code of [smurfy][/smurfy] which basically parses a URL from a web site and displays a small image. I have played around with the live demo but can not get it to work with it, all I get is a blank post (http://d15b1081b78c858a.demo-xenforo.com/122/index.php?threads/smurfy-test.1/) Attached is how it is setup in the live demo, also how it is setup in phpBB3 currently. If I can get this solved then I will most likely be migrating away from phpbb3.

Attached Files:

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Version 1.3 has just been released as stable less than 30 minutes ago.
    The demo hasn't yet been updated to 1.3.

3. Clay Culver

Clay Culver Member

Oh, so I guess then will what I am trying to accomplish work with 1.3? And thanks for such a fast reply!

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. Clay Culver

Clay Culver Member

6. Jeremy

The demo has been updated to 1.3, you should be able to mess with the Custom BB Codes now.

7. Clay Culver

Clay Culver Member

Thanks for the update Jeremy, I have tried playing with the new demo but still can not get it to work. When viewing the post I get what is in the attached picture.

Clay

Attached Files:

8. Jeremy

Something was configured incorrectly. Glancing at your screenshots, it looks like you'll need a code callback, which isn't possibly in the demo. I guarantee you can do what you want in XF tho.

9. Clay Culver

Clay Culver Member

Sorry for the late reply, work has been murder. Thanks for the information, I think i will go a head and get xenforo and then post in the support section to try and get it working.